Found Animals Foundation | Los Angeles CA 90066 USA | Full Time | Posted: 08/14/2012
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-time
Found Animals Foundation is a non-profit organization in Los Angeles that focuses on a few powerful levers for changing the outcome for some of the three to four million animals euthanized each year in the US. Working with local communities and animal care professionals, we deliver innovative community-based adoption, spay & neuter, and pet ID programs while offering a wealth of trusted educational resources. Found animals is expanding its resources into the retail sector, offering adoption services paired with retail pet products, grooming, training and dog daycare.
We currently seek a skilled and motivated individual to join our team as our Adopt &
Shop Retail District Manager. This position is responsible for the management of Adopt & Shop, and the development, implementation, and management of future retail adoption centers. This position oversees store managers, and works in close collaboration with other Foundation management staff members.
This is a full-time position and requires substantial time dedicated to travel to various
locations within Los Angeles County, but is based out of our pet-friendly West Los Angeles offices. This position requires working some evenings and weekends.
• Develop and implement strategic initiative to expand Adopt & Shop retail model throughout Los Angeles metropolitan area.
• Responsible for conducting market research and analysis to identify future Adopt & Shop locations.
• Act as project manager during construction to include budget preparation, design and build-out, and hiring of new staff.
• Partner with Director of Business Development to identify B2B partnerships and line of business opportunities to generate sustainable revenue streams.
• Develop financial objectives, preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
• Responsible for overseeing individual store managers at all Adopt & Shop locations to ensure quality care for animals, high-level customer service, and achievement of adoption and sales goals.
• Work with the Marketing Department to develop and implement outreach and marketing strategies to increase public awareness of Adopt & Shop and drive adoptions and retail sales.
• Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
• Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities, determining additional needed sales promotion and studying trends.
• Develop and maintain professional, working relationships with shelter partners.
• Train and manage Adopt & Shop staff. This includes overseeing monthly staff meetings, completing annual performance reviews and creating monthly work schedules. Mentor Adopt & Shop store managers.
• Work with the Volunteer Department to develop volunteer opportunities and train new and existing volunteers.
• Oversee transfer, transport and care of animals and animal health by Adopt & Shop staff, with assistance from Foundation staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline.
• 7+ years’ experience required fulfilling the following duties:
- o Overseeing multiple retail stores with proven results as a Retail District Manager
o Project managing retail location selection and retail store build-outs.
o Developing and executing strategic retail initiatives.
o Developing budgets with the ability to analyze both financial performance and market trends in order to maximize store performance.
o Utilizing Microsoft software applications and retail POS software.
• Must be a motivated self-starter with proactive attitude, flexibility, and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Proven ability to develop, challenge and motivate store management teams in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact constructively with a wide range of personalities.
• Must be detail oriented and resourceful with excellent follow through skills.
• Able to work under pressure and prioritize workload, managing simultaneous tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Knowledge and experience in pet related retail setting a plus but not required.
• Knowledge of animal welfare and cat and dog health issues preferred but no required.
• Must be comfortable handling cats, dogs and rabbits of all sizes and breeds.
• Must be flexible with the ability to work long-hours occasional weekends.
• Must be able to crouch, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 50lbs and walk up and down stairs with ease.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years experience.
• $65k – 90k (DOE)
Applications Accepted By:
Subject Line: Attention: District Manager
PO Box 66370
Los Angeles, CA 90066
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90066, United States|
|Annual Salary||$65,000.00 - $90,000.00/Yearly|
|Experience Years||7 yrs|
|Pref Major||Business or a related discipline|
|Contact Name||Mark Redding|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||District Manager|