This job is no longer available
Assistant Finance Manager
Refugee Family Services | Stone Mountain GA 30083 USA | Contract | Posted: 09/07/2012
Assistant Finance Manager
Contract Position: Assistant Finance Manager
Department: Finance and Operations Department
Schedule: Flexible, during regular business hours
Three-month contract assignment for up to 30 hours per week, potentially extendable after initial contract period.
Rate of Pay: $14 hourly
Organization: Refugee Family Services (RFS) is a dynamic, community-based organization that has grown and adapted to meet the changing needs of the metro Atlanta refugee community for more than 20 years. We believe in helping refugees to meet their greatest potential, enabling them to realize their goals for a better life and to become productive members of the Atlanta community. Our mission is to provide economic and educational opportunity to refugee women and children in the United States.
RFS started as a small initiative of Save the Children, which spun off in 1997 to meet the special needs of refugee women. Today, we are a full-scale agency with a broad range of programs, diverse funding sources, a visible presence among refugee leaders and policy makers, an active and engaged board of directors, and a budget of just under $2 million.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will assist the Finance and Operations Director in all areas of financial oversight during a period of systems transition, including outsourcing employee management tasks to a Professional Employment Organization and adopting and implementing a new budget process. This term assignment is located in Stone Mountain, Georgia.
• Conduct and oversee accounting functions for the organizations, including processing accounts payable, staff reimbursements, revenue recognition, bank reconciliations, overhead allocations, adjusting and month-end general journal entries.
• Assist with the monitoring of funder budgetary guidelines, the generation of invoicing, and financial reports as required by agency donors.
• Generate periodic financial statements for presentation to Management Team members.
• In collaboration with the Finance Director and Program Managers, assist with the preparation of the annual agency budget.
• Supervise and serve as back up for administrative staff in Finance and Operations Department.
• Assist Administration team with other tasks as needed.
|Location||Stone Mountain, GA, 30083, United States|
|Annual Salary||$14.00 - $14.00/Hourly|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Assistant Finance Manager|