Associate Director of Communications
SFCN | New York NY 10168 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/11/2013
Department: Advancement; Marketing & Communications
Job Title: Associate Director of Communications
SeriousFun Children’s Network, founded by Paul Newman, is a growing global community of independently managed and financed camps and partnership programs which have come together with a common purpose – to serve children with serious illnesses around the world, free of charge. With 29 initiatives around the world, including 14 full member camps, 12 Global Partnership Programs, and 3 new camps in development, our network has reached over 384,700 people, including more than 253,800 children from 50 countries. Learn more at http://www.seriousfunnetwork.org/home
The Associate Director of Communications reports to the Director of Marketing & Communication supporting the creation and execution of a strategic communications plan aimed at raising awareness of the organization’s global network of camps and programs serving children with serious illnesses. Working to build brand equity in the newly launched SeriousFun name, the Associate Director is specifically tasked with ensuring brand standards are met with quality and consistency and serves as a brand advocate for the organization and its mission.
Additionally, the Associate Director is charged with driving engagement through the development of high quality print and digital materials and by maintaining the organization’s website and social media channels. This position is also charged with providing critical support to all network members and SeriousFun support center staff relating to communications production, efficiency and standardization.
Location: New York City, Grand Central Terminal area
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chief Marketing Officer and SeriousFun Staff to support the development of an annual strategic communication plan aimed at building awareness of SeriousFun and supporting fundraising goals.
- Enforces brand standards across the network to ensure communications are consistent and the brand is being used correctly and effectively.
- Maintains the public website through Blackbaud NetCommunity content management system, developing new content and features to further enhance the site and raise awareness of our global work.
- Manages PR, Digital/Advertising agency relationships to support the development of SeriousFun’s external and digital marketing strategy.
- Assists with SeriousFun logo, trademark, and other graphical standards management.
- Supports public awareness opportunities with major media outlets and supports PSA/Video productions.
- Develops and executes e-communications to support joint marketing/development initiatives, engage supporters and drive traffic to the website.
- Serves as the community manager for all social media, developing a content calendar for Facebook, Twitter, blog, and other channels and executing that strategy to encourage participation and networking.
- Oversees website Analytics (SEO), and SEM Google grant campaign.
- Develops a pipeline of fresh content and multimedia for external marketing and development needs.
- Edits, updates, and oversees the production of all collateral materials including press kits, fact sheets and/or promotional materials.
- Produces print media and assists with media vendor relationships for SeriousFun external communications needs.
PROVIDING COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT
- Provides on-going communications support to network members to advance the SeriousFun brand and to help camps and programs achieve their individual marketing goals.
- Supports the Westport office’s Development needs relating to major events, corporate sponsorships and fundraising appeals throughout the year.
- Supports Camp Support Services and Global Partnership Program’s marketing needs online and in print.
- Convenes communications staff in regular calls and at conferences for the sharing of notable digital marketing and social media practices.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in communications and a bachelor’s degree.
- Must demonstrate superior organizational skills including web, social media, and print capacity.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience with Adobe products: Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s NetCommunity web content management tool is a plus.
- A confident, intelligent and articulate self-starter who is creative, collaborative and team-oriented.
- Ability to fit into a working environment that is, both collegial and highly disciplined and one that is committed to producing excellent results.
- Well organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Decisive, and resourceful with the ability to anticipate opportunities which may advance SeriousFun, nationally and internationally.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
|Location||New York, NY, 10168, United States|
|Categories||Association, Children's Services|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Contact Name||Laurie Fontana|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|