Director, Workforce Development
Goodwill Industries | Sacramento CA 95823 USA | Full Time | Posted: 08/01/2013
DIRECTOR, WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Position Overview: Dynamic, fast-growing, entrepreneurial non-profit seeks an experienced leader to produce mission outcomes. Goodwill Industries of Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada is an autonomous, locally based non-profit backed by the power of a national brand. Goodwill is seeking a proven leader to maximize our mission impact both in our network of 23 retail stores and by making our mission present throughout the community.
The successful candidate will have a college degree and a minimum of ten years of experience in human services or related fields. The candidate must have broad knowledge of how third party funded human services are administered and funded. They will have demonstrated success in generating revenue to serve our mission and a track record of disciplined execution of business plans.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and facilitates the mission of the agency, which provides vocational services to people with disabilities or other special needs.
- Responsible for the vocational development of each Supported Employee/Student enrolled in a Goodwill program.
- Supports the management team in the efficient and effective management of all Supported Employee related matters, including compensation, discipline, and performance appraisals.
- Ensures that the agency is certified by the State Department of Rehabilitation and maintains current information on changes in laws or policies impacting the governance of programs.
- Leads CARF Accreditation and ensures all Departments maintain compliance.
- Ensures Goodwill meets or exceeds established CARF standards and is prepared for the tri-annual CARF Accreditation Survey.
- Responsible for community engagement, leadership and collaborations while promoting the development of Goodwill’s vision of developing its resource base to maximize the services Goodwill provides in the communities it serves.
- The Director is responsible for the expansion of Goodwill’s mission delivery footprint in the territory.
- Involved in both department and corporate planning on a continual basis. The Department is responsible for writing grants, drafting proposals, responding to RFP’s and negotiating contracts with third party funding sources.
- Responsible for reporting contractually required information to funders and referral sources.
- Collects and analyzes program data. Uses this data to improve and expand service delivery, report outcomes to the President/CEO and develop additional resources from third parties.
- Recommends and develops new programs based on research and implements these programs when approved by the President/CEO.
- BA with a minimum of ten years of professional experience in third-party funded human services, including five years in a supervisory capacity at scale.
- Broad knowledge of human services administration and funding. Management experience with multiple funding sources is preferred.
- Must exhibit a high degree of integrity and business ethics.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Able to provide own transportation as required.
- Must pass a drug screening.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently administer programs and services.
- Ability to work in a diverse and accelerated environment with creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to gain acceptance of ideas and proposals where planning, presentation and persuasion skills are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource management, planning philosophy and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics and experience in staff supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of employment law and risk management processes.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the Director of Workforce Development job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
The Sacramento Valley is the portion of the California Central Valley that lies to the north of the San Joaquin-Sacramento Delta in the State of California and is home to the state’s capital, Sacramento. The metropolitan area is the fourth largest in California, as well as the 25th largest in the United States. The territory of Goodwill Industries of Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada, Inc. includes the counties of Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Shasta, Sutter, Tehama, Yolo and Yuba in California and Carson City, Douglas and Washoe in Northern Nevada.
Benefits & Compensation:
Salary is $133,000 annually with opportunity for bonus. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and retirement/403(b) with a company match.
To Apply: A letter of interest and resume should be sent, in confidence, to Director of Human Resources, Goodwill Industries of Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada, Inc. 6648 Franklin Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95823 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The review of resumes will begin immediately and the search process will continue until the position is filled.
|Location||Sacramento, CA, 95823, United States|
|Categories||Community Improvement/Capacity Building/Economic Development, Employment/Job-related, Social Work/ Services, Disabilities|
|Contact Name||Patricia Calvo|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||(916) 395-9000|