This job is no longer available
Manager, Events & Volunteers
Sheltering Arms | Atlanta GA 30313 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/30/2012
Manager, Events & Volunteers
Reports to: Vice President, Development & Communication
The Manager of Events & Volunteers assists the Vice President of Development & Communication in implementation of all resource development strategies to support Sheltering Arms’ mission. The Manager of Events & Volunteers is responsible for reaching an annual fundraising target through the planning, implementation, and promotion of special events, including Operation StoryBook, Sheltering Arms’ year-round literacy initiative anchored by a metro-wide event in September, and StoryStroll, held in April. The Manager of Events & Volunteers works with the Manager of Annual Giving to develop prospects for event sponsors The Manager of Events & Volunteers manages all aspects of recruitment, scheduling, training, supervision, and recognition of volunteers. S/he is proficient in the use of Raiser’s Edge to manage all volunteer data and generate reports on volunteer contributions. The Manager of Events & Volunteers increases public support of Sheltering Arms through strategic use of volunteers and as a spokesperson in the community.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 2 or more years experience in volunteer management, resource development or nonprofit administration
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Exceptional oral and written communications skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, social media, and web tools for research, communication, and event management. Familiarity with database management. Experience with Raisers’ Edge preferred.
* Familiarity with Atlanta business community a plus
* Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
* Demonstrated project planning and management skills
* Ability and willingness to work both independently and in a team environment
* Must provide own transportation for external meetings in the community
* Strong in areas of creativity, innovation, organization, resourcefulness, and leadership
* Ability to manage production of audiovisual and print collateral materials
* Ability to work in a high-paced environment managing multiple projects and deadlines
* Passion for the mission
* Accurate record keeping
* Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
* Develop and implement strategies for raising the profile and increasing funds raised by Operation StoryBook, StoryStroll and other special events.
* Develop and implement an annual action plan and timeline for Operation StoryBook, StoryStroll, and other special events, including logistics, fundraising, and friend-raising.
* Lead cultivation and participate in solicitation of sponsorships and grants for Operation StoryBook, StoryStroll and other special events throughout the year. Fulfill all sponsorship recognition commitments.
* Staff volunteer special event planning committees.
* Assist in managing online communications.
* Assist in development and production of print communication, including newsletters and annual report.
* Coordinate media coverage and publicity for special events.
* Represent Sheltering Arms in the community through networking, meetings, presentations, and tours.
* Plan and manage implementation of all aspects of the volunteer program, including promotion, recruitment, screening, placement, training, communication, management, evaluation (volunteer performance and satisfaction; program evaluation), tracking, and recognition.
* Organize volunteer support for all special events, including recruitment, training, and assignment of volunteers.
* Develop and deliver staff training on volunteer management.
* Manage scheduling, orientation, and recognition for volunteer groups.
* Develop and maintain a menu of volunteer opportunities that are meaningful for volunteers, helpful to Sheltering Arms children, families, and staff, aligned with Sheltering Arms mission, values, and program, and easily managed with available resources.
* Cultivate ongoing volunteer relationships and assist in conversion to donors.
* Work with development team to plan for cultivation and solicitation of volunteers.
* Manage book distribution and programmatic elements of Operation StoryBook.
* Collaborate with resource development staff and volunteers in creation and implementation of strategic plans, annual operating plans, and budgets.
* Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
* Keeps supervisor informed of project progress and problems, particularly to needed changes in schedule or resources, etc.
* Attend and participate in required educational events and staff meetings.
* Prepares reports and correspondence requested by supervisor where information must be obtained from a variety of sources
* Compiles data from varied sources and makes summary reports as required. May involve routine mathematical calculations and tabulations in accordance with established methods.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30313, United States|
|Categories||Children's Services, Education, Social Work/ Services|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Contact Name||Tonja Holder|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|