This job is no longer available
Director - AIDS Service
The Health Trust | San Jose CA 95126 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/09/2012
Director - AIDS Service
The Health Trust is leading the community to advance wellness in order to transform Silicon Valley into the healthiest region in America. With a strong emphasis on prevention, we will fulfill our mission through four primary tools, delivery of direct services, grant-making, policy and advocacy, and leadership and collaboration.
The Health Trust is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as the Director of its’ AIDS Services Program, the largest non-governmental AIDS Services provider in Santa Clara County, with over 800 clients. The Director of AIDS Services is responsible for leading and managing The Health Trust AIDS Services (THTAS). The position is responsible for supervision of staff, developing and implementing program policies and procedures, fiscal management, grant management and fundraising; will ensure delivery of services to clients; building partnerships with community organizations and funding sources, identifying unmet needs and expanding the scope of the agency’s services to more efficiently manage the health and wellness of people with HIV infection and to reduce the spread of HIV to the uninfected.
• Develops annual department budget and business plan; is accountable for performance to budget and business plan.
• Responsible for management of clinical services and programs of THTAS.
• Develops, implements and revises program specific policies and procedures as needed.
• Ensures program compliance with contracts, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards as are applicable.
• Ensures THTAS is in compliance with grant funder’s requirements.
• Ensures clinical competency of THTAS staff within the scope of community health principles and specific practice acts; ensures certification and licensure requirements are met.
• In coordination with the Fund Development Department identifies grant funding opportunities and participates in grant writing as needed.
• Directs and assists in the development of grant proposals and other fundraising activities to ensure the growth and viability of Program.
• Serves as an expert resource on HIV/AIDS to staff and other community agencies.
• Participates in the negotiations and implements payor contracts for THTAS.
• Collaborates with community agencies to enhance services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
• Networks within the community and is current on issues and activities which occur locally and on the state and national level as they relate to AIDS funding, treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS and relevant research issues.
• Identifies community need for existing and new services, implements program modifications or enhancements as needed.
• Creates an environment that promotes individual accountability, staff development and staff satisfaction with work environment.
• Actively models and communicates the THTAS mission and vision and supports a culture of empowerment, team development, open communication.
• Ensures a safe working environment for THTAS staff.
• Models the philosophy of continuous performance improvement within the THTAS; Ensures UR and Continuous Quality Assurance/Improvement needs of the Project are supported.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, disciplining, training, managing and evaluating performance of clinical services and program staff.
• Actively participates in communication and team building activities within THT.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in social work or health related field required.
• Master’s in Social Work a plus.
• Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible administrative management/supervisory experience in public health and/or community-based health care or social services organizations.
• Experience in business plan development and budget preparation.
• Strong clinical assessment skills.
• Experience in clinical case management practice.
• Demonstrated successful grant writing and fundraising experience.
• Experience in team building.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, exercise good judgment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships in the delivery of services in the public and private sector, including both non-profit and for profit organizations.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Analytical skills necessary in order to evaluate personnel and programs; develop effective budgets, plans and goals; to evaluate and maintain standards of quality and safety; and to prepare and administer grant proposals.
• Critical thinking and recall ability for high level planning, analysis and problem solving.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership for subordinate personnel and to develop and maintain a wide variety of internal and external working relationships.
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
• Knowledge and critical thinking ability to assess clients’ needs plan for clients’ services consistent with standards and regulations, and to effectively deal with unique problems as they arise.
• Knowledge of health and social services in Santa Clara County.
• Local travel required.
• Must be available to work some evenings.
• Automobile available for daily use, car insurance as required by the State of California, and a valid California driver’s license.
• Annual Tuberculosis test.
• Employment background screening required.
The Health Trust
Human Resource Department
Resumes to: email@example.com
3180 Newberry Dr., Ste. 200
San Jose, CA 95118
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, medical and dependent care flexible spending, company paid life/ADD/LTD, retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, sick time, access to organizational wellness programs including on site fitness center.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
qual Equal Opportunity Employer
|Location||San Jose, CA, 95126, United States|
|Travel Required||5% of the time|
|Experience Years||4 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Pref Major||Social Work or Health related field|
|Contact Name||Jan Buzbee|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Director - AIDS Service|