Regional Development Manager
FARE, Inc. | Atlanta GA 30303 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/13/2013
The Southeast Regional Development Manager is responsible for contributing to the organization’s fundraising goals by supporting and contributing to all efforts to raise revenue through the Atlanta Regional Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with strategies geared to increase net revenue and increase awareness through Walks, special events, third-party events, school-based fundraising and all other fundraising activities as assigned;
- Craft and execute strategies/projects as assigned;
- Meet net budget expectations as defined;
- Manage all expenses to achieve the lowest cost ratio possible; and
- Train, mentor and manage event volunteers for highest efficiency and return on investment.
- Work with Walk Chairs and Team Captains to build a fundraising plan and then maintain constant communication to ensure the plan has been instituted;
- Conduct corporate team recruitment activities to achieve maximum participation;
- Respond to all Team Captains’ requests for up-to-date collateral materials, supplies and incentives based on appropriate level of fundraising;
- Promote and increase participation in online giving;
- Work with Database Administration to ensure accurate data input and reconciliation;
- Work with Communications to facilitate media and coverage, including press releases, as appropriate for each event; and
- Manage all logistics pertaining to Walks and community events, including site identification, venue fees, insurance coverage, and other activities associated with securing event sites.
For Special Events:
- Manage and support event committees;
- Develop solicitation materials;
- Manage all aspects of fundraising and logistics for assigned events;
- Provide up-to-date information and graphics to the Website Content Manager for website content and ensure that all event sites are functioning and contain relevant information;
- Identify and share with Regional Development Director any event participants with significant annual and/or major gift potential; and
- Manage a third-party event program by identifying and evaluating current and new events with highest potential and partner with the event coordinators to increase revenue and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- 5-7 years experience in fundraising, event management, or development, preferably with a non-profit organization;
- a mininum of 3-4 years managing walk/run campaigns;
- Adept at use of social networks for fundraising, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate and present in a professional demeanor with constituents at all levels;
- Self-starter; highly organized with exceptional attention to detail;
- Able to understand the needs of volunteers with varying skill sets and committed to serving on a focused, results-driven team;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Raiser’s Edge or related donor database experience a plus; and
- Available and willing to travel as required.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30303, United States|
|Travel Required||50% of the time|
|Categories||Food/Nutrition/Agriculture, Foundation/Grant-making/Philanthropy/Volunteerism, Medical Services/Health Care, Public Policy, Research/Science, Disease/Disorders/Medical Disciplines|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Pref Major||Business, Marketing, or similar field.|
|Contact Name||Courtney L. Davenport, Regional Director|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|