This job is no longer available
Business Development Manager
Advanced Energy | Raleigh NC 27606 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/05/2012
Business Development Manager ~ Transportation Initiatives
Advanced Energy is a North Carolina-based nonprofit committed to a future in which energy needs are met at reasonable costs and with the least negative consequences. For more than 30 years, our organization has created economic, environmental and societal benefits through innovative and market-based approaches to energy issues. Our Transportation Initiatives division works with stakeholders to help them understand, plan for and implement emerging transportation programs. We are seeking a highly motivated sales and marketing professional with proven success in market development and sales growth within the utility, energy efficiency, electric transportation and/or smart grid sectors.
As a Business Development Manager, you will work to grow Advanced Energy's market position and sales revenue by defining long-term strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying and pursuing business opportunities, negotiating and closing sales, and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
• Conduct purposeful and strategic market analysis and customer-focused research, determining market needs, trends and potential applications for our technical expertise.
• Develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans to meet revenue and profitability goals.
• Utilize market data and customer feedback to assist in the development of new product and service offerings.
• Prepare technical proposals and negotiate and close sales agreements; assist in the negotiation of pricing, terms, and delivery schedules.
• Generate and follow up on leads; communicate and interact with stakeholders and decision makers at all levels to identify needs and opportunities for our services.
• Manage major accounts; seek and identify opportunities for cross-selling products and services to existing clients.
• Create and deliver presentations both internally and externally on a variety of technical subjects; represent company and/or assigned business sectors at trade shows, conferences, association meetings, etc.
• Employ Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and processes to maintain and share critical information on clients and activities.
• Develop strategic alliances with other individuals and organizations to build critical relationships.
• Assist team with developing programs that meet client needs and provide revenue growth opportunities for the company.
• BS Degree, preferably in a technical discipline; Masters in Business Administration, Public Administration or Environmental Management preferred.
• 7 or more years experience in business development with an in-depth knowledge of marketing and consultative sales; ideal candidate will have experience in all facets of the sales cycle.
• Previous sales/marketing role within the transportation, smart grid, energy efficiency and/or sustainability industries strongly preferred.
• The ideal candidate for this role will have a dynamic and creative approach to the sales process, as well as a willingness to wear a variety of hats.
• Experience interacting with government agencies (DOE, DOD, DOT, Clean Cites, Local and Regional Governments, etc), electric utilities or automotive and infrastructure manufacturers desired.
• Position may require 20% - 40% travel.
Advanced Energy offers a team-oriented, high-performance work culture with excellent facilities, benefits and a commitment to work/life balance.
|Location||Raleigh, NC, 27606, United States|
|Travel Required||60% of the time|
|Function||Marketing & Sales|
|Experience Years||7 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Pref Major||Business or Engineering|
|Contact Name||Karen Gardner|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Business Development Manager|