About RSF Social Finance:
Located in the beautiful and historic Presidio of San Francisco, RSF Social Finance is dedicated to transforming the way the world works with money. Our growing community of over 1,600 clients is furthering the work of social entrepreneurs and social enterprises in the fields of Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Ecological Stewardship. Primary services include our investing and lending programs, and philanthropic fund management services. In partnership with our investors and donors, RSF has made over $250 million in loans and over $100 million in grants since 1984, placing us in the top tier of social finance organizations worldwide. Please refer to our website: www.rsfsocialfinance.org
The Administrative Assistant to the Executive Team is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the President/CEO, Chair of the Board, the Board of Trustees, and the Executive Assistant. Duties include such activities as managing schedules, travel and expense administration, coordinating meeting logistics, taking and disseminating meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Administrative Support to the Executive Team (70%)
• Coordinate calendars for President/CEO and Chair of the Board, including extensive meeting scheduling with staff and board as well as external stakeholders (prospective clients, current clients, key partners, etc.).
• Arrange complex and detailed travel logistics and make reservations for President/CEO and Chair of the Board.
• Compile and submit monthly expense reports, mileage logs, and credit card reconciliations.
• Accurately input and update data into RSF’s customer relationship management databases.
• Assist Executive Assistant with preparation of correspondence on behalf of the President/CEO and Chair of the Board.
• Assist Executive Assistant in coordinating follow-up on contacts made by the President/CEO to support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
• Perform additional ongoing Administrative Assistant duties to support President/CEO and Chair of the Board as needed.
• Perform mail merges; prepare documents and outgoing mail as necessary.
• Data entry, copying, and scanning as needed.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Board Support (30%)
• Coordinate scheduling and logistics for Board and Board Committees, including arranging meetings and phone calls, and distributing agenda packets and meeting materials.
• Attend board and committee meetings. Take and disseminate meeting minutes.
• Assist with the planning and logistics of Board meetings/retreats.
• Track all pending to-do and action items for Board and Board Committees.
• Serve as the President/CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees.
• Assist board members with travel arrangements and lodging as needed. Coordinate expense reimbursement for Board member travel expenses.
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience: Must have at minimum an Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have a minimum of two years’ work experience as an administrative assistant, including some experience supporting an executive and/or a non-profit board of directors. The ideal candidate will have work and/or volunteer experience in the nonprofit or social finance sector. Experience as a Board Secretary (e.g., non-profit, for-profit, student group) is a plus.
English Language Communication Skills: Must be fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills, as the position requires daily phone and email correspondence with external clients and contacts. Strong writing and editing skills are required, including the ability to produce clear and concise meeting minutes. Candidates must also have strong interpersonal and listening skills.
Finance and Math Skills: Must have basic math skills, to compile expense reports and mileage logs. Must be able to research products, compare prices, and propose purchases within a budget. Working understanding of financial statements is a plus.
Technical Skills: Must have excellent keyboarding skills, especially the ability to take notes during fast-paced meetings. Demonstrated ability to effectively use standard business software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required. Competitive candidates must have strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously. Candidates must also be able to use the Internet for research and information-gathering, and the ability to use or quickly learn a database.
Judgment and Independence: Must have good judgment required to make quick decisions and proactively identify and address needs of the President/CEO and Chair of the Board. Must be able to work collaboratively with staff and effectively interact with board members, clients, and guests. Must be able to solve problems with initiative and flexibility, and respond appropriately to changing circumstances and priorities. Candidates must be able to multi-task, learn quickly, and effectively manage time. Successful candidates will demonstrate a high level of maturity and discretion as well as the ability to handle sensitive information with strict confidentiality and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
Physical Demands: Must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day; and must be able to frequently communicate orally and by telephone. Candidates must be able to occasionally lift boxes (up to 40 pounds).
Attendance and Availability: Must be able to work at RSF’s offices during regular office hours as set forth in RSF’s Employee Manual, to work physically in the office on a daily basis due to the responsive nature of the job, and to occasionally work extra hours as necessary to complete time-sensitive projects.
Compensation & Benefits:
This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative financial services organization with a vision to transform the way the world works with money. Other benefits include:
• A fulfilling work environment at an supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
• A competitive compensation package and 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
• Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus 9 paid holidays per year
• 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
• Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
• Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter by December 2nd. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this position, specifically highlighting any experience supporting an executive and/or Board of Directors, and/or participation in a Board.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. In the e-mail subject line please write “Administrative Assistant”. No phone calls please.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.