This job is no longer available
Cedar River Clinics | Renton WA 98057 USA | Part Time | Posted: 11/05/2012
ARNP/CNM – Renton Clinic
Schedule: Part Time with Possibility of Full Time
Salary: Hourly Position – DOE
Relocation Covered: No
To be considered for a position you must include a cover letter which includes:
• A statement of your view on being pro-choice
• A statement on specifically why you would like to work for Cedar River Clinics
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references via EMAIL, FAX or MAIL to:
Human Resources Administrator
Cedar River Clinics, Financial Office
106 East E Street, Yakima, WA 98901
Fax: (509) 575-0477
Cedar River Clinics – Renton is seeking an advanced practice clinician experienced in providing well-woman care, birth control, and medical abortions.
Summary of Major Responsibilities:
• Provide primary and preventative care which consists of routine gynecological care following established protocols.
• Assess health status.
• Diagnose acute and chronic health conditions and diseases.
• Develop and implement a treatment plan.
• Follow-up and evaluate patient health status.
• Gynecologic assessment.
• Diagnostic and screening tests.
• Clinical management of hormonal contraception.
• Health teaching and counseling regarding maintenance of health, family planning, and preparation for children.
• Diaphragm fitting.
• Cervical cap fitting.
• IUD insertion and removal.
• Implanon insertion and removal.
• Clinical management of medical emergency situations.
• Conduct patient assessment, Rx and renew prescriptions based on established protocols and clinical practice guidelines.
• Medical Abortions – Administration of Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
• Post-abortion examination and assessment.
• Ultrasound imagining of the uterus and surrounding structures to locate the pregnancy, age the pregnancy or confirm clean, intact uterus following the procedure.
Summary of Skills:
• Current licensure and certification in the State of Washington with prescriptive authority.
• Current CPR certification.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience in reproductive health, abortion recovery and complications, contraceptive methods, and STI’s.
• Commitment to reproductive choice and freedom.
• Participate in ARNP services program ongoing development and refinement.
• Participate in Advanced Practice Peer Review process.
• Participate, as a member of the Medical Advisory Committee by attending scheduled meetings and offering input and ideas.
Qualities we seek:
• Demonstrated leadership (Integrity, collaboration, follow-through, respect).
• Awareness of social justice and women’s rights issues.
• Ability to communicate proactively and effectively both verbally and written with professionals, clients and Healthworkers.
• Pro-choice and supportive of women who do choose abortion.
• Creativity, reliability, flexibility, initiative, self-motivation.
• Working computer knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as medical databases.
• Experience in abortion services a plus.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
Feminist Women’s Health Center is a social change organization that combines direct services (abortion and reproductive health care), with activism (to preserve the right to choose) and community education (to demystify health information and empower health decisions).
VISION: We have a vision of a world where all women freely make their own decisions regarding their bodies, reproductive and sexuality – a world where all women can fulfill their own unique potential and live healthy, whole lives.
MISSION: To achieve reproductive freedom, FWHC provides abortion and birth control so women can decide their own destinies.
To learn more about:
• The clinic or the organization, see: www.CedarRiverClinics.org and www.FWHC.org
|Location||Renton, WA, 98057, United States|
|Categories||Medical Services/Health Care|
|Function||Medical & Health Occupations|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|