The California Planned Parenthood Education Fund (CPPEF) is currently seeking to hire a full-time Healthcare Regulatory Affairs Director who will assist the CPPEF legal team and provide leadership in Planned Parenthood’s participation in public and private healthcare programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, tracking and monitoring implementation of the Affordable Care Act in California, researching laws and regulations, gathering and analyzing healthcare policies and legislation, analyzing reproductive health and clinic data; providing information regarding regulations, guidelines and official communiqués of relevant public and private healthcare programs; and providing ongoing technical guidance to Planned Parenthood Affiliates and their health centers.
• Belief and commitment to CPPEF’s mission and values.
• Five to seven years of experience in the health care field with demonstrated knowledge of state and federal health care programs, including Medi-Cal, Family PACT, Presumptive Eligibility and Title X Family Planning.
• Experience working with the California Department of Health Care Services, Department of Managed Health Care and the California Department of Public Health.
• Understanding of the legal and regulatory underpinnings of California’s public and private health care payment, licensure, and credentialing systems.
• Fundamental understanding of California licensed community clinic operations and the applicable law.
• Working knowledge of the federal Affordable Care Act and its implementation in California.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to research and analyze complex, legal and regulatory, documents.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and draw on the resources of members to accomplish the essential functions of the position.
• Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of people.
• Able to problem solve, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.