Administration and Program Support Staff, part-time
WildAid is a unique and dynamic San Francisco-based wildlife conservation non-profit. We are growing rapidly and are looking for a dynamic and highly-organized person to provide outstanding Administration, Development and Program Support for our international programs, on a part-time basis.
This person will be the first that visitors greet when arriving at the WildAid office, and also be the primary person answering our phones. Our staff believes strongly in our mission to stop the trade in endangered animals worldwide, and we want our greeter to share in dedication to our cause. In addition, they will lend support to the Executive Director, accounting, communications, and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer, direct, and return phone calls regarding WildAid inquiries
• Assist the Executive Director in booking and managing complex travel arrangements
• Data entry support for Accounting & Development, and donor acknowledgements
• Knowledge of QuickBooks or other basic accounting systems
• Manage the organization calendar as needed – staff meetings, travel & necessary arrangements, board meetings
• Monitor office supplies and equipment stock, determine needs, and place requests for necessary items while maintaining relationships with outside vendors and developing new relations
• Collect, sort, distribute, and post incoming and outgoing, DHL, FedEx, UPS, and USPS
• Manage office including liaising with building management, cleaning service, other outside vendors, and staff to ensure that the office is secure, clean, well maintained
• Other duties as requested
• Bachelors degree
• 2-4 years work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization
• Excellent communicator - strong written and verbal communication skills
• Adept at using MS Excel, MS Word, Accounting Software, database systems and communicating over e-mail
• Detail-oriented and highly-organized
• Flexible with ability to problem solve creatively
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must take initiative and have a strong work ethic
• Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization
• Adept multi-tasking
• Ability to perform some physical labor (e.g. managing storage and moving equipment for presentations)
• Experience working with QuickBooks, Giftworks
• Completion of bookkeeping courses
• IT skills and familiarity with social media sites such as: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
This is a temporary part-time position, approximately 4 hours/day, 9am - 1pm, Monday through Friday. There is potential for conversion to full-time employment after a 3-month trial period.
Part-time employees are offered a competitive hourly wage, based upon qualifications and experience. Part-time employees accrue vacation based upon the number of hours worked.
For full-time employees, WildAid offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, along with health, dental, vision, & long-term disability insurance. A 401k match is available after 1 year of service.