ILP-Live-In House Manager-(Female) Toco Hills
Jewish Family and Career Services | Atlanta GA 30338 USA | Full Time | Posted: 08/14/2013
Live-in Monday through Friday
PURPOSE: The purpose of this job is to give individuals with developmental disabilities the tools to live as independently as they possibly can and support them on a continuous basis
- Supervise house staff; ensure full coverage and scheduling of staff as per consumer’s needs.
- Performance management of house staff as necessary including training and orientation of new staff. Provide continuous on site staff training.
- Become acquainted with consumer’s supports (i.e. family/guardian, job, natural supports, etc.)
- Evaluate and respond to emergency situations.
- Ensure maintenance of house and consumer budgets by assisting in all purchases including groceries, personal items, outings, etc.
- Ensure medical and dental appointments are scheduled and attended.
- Assist in the development of Individual Service Plans (ISP) and Service Plan of Care. Ensure consumers’ basic needs are met. Ensure that consumers are taking medication according to prescribed schedule.
- Teach and monitor consumers in all areas of independent living as per the ISP and Service Plan of Care.
- Evaluate consumers’ progress in the program by maintaining up to date records including but not limited to daily logs, emergency drill reports, medication administration records, incident report forms, etc. Ensure that staff completes required documentation.
- Attend meetings as requested for each consumer, offering feedback on progress made and areas of need.
- Provide transportation using a privately owned vehicle or an agency vehicle as needed for consumers to and from appointments, family visits, recreational and social outings, etc.
- Maintain agency vehicle (e.g. ensure routine maintenance such as oil changes and tune ups are done and vehicle is washed and vacuumed).
- Attend mandatory all staff meetings, House Manager meetings, and any other trainings or meetings as required.
- Provide training and support in all daily living skills including but not limited to nutrition, personal hygiene, health care, safety, communication, interpersonal relations, mobility, financial and medical management, home management and use of leisure time as outlined in the individual service plan (ISP) and Service Plan of Care.
- Accompany consumer and facilitate participation in visits for medical care, therapies, personal shopping, recreation and other community activities as needed.
- Provide training and support in the areas of social, emotional, physical and spiritual development.
- Become acquainted with consumer’s job setting and key personal supervising the consumer (including job coach, support coordinator, day program, etc.).
- Attend and participate in Mandatory ILP Team Meetings and other training and events as required.
- Communicate regularly with Client Services Coordinator (as needed), on consumer’s progress, issues and concerns as they arise.
- Other duties may be assigned
- The ability to organize, mediate, to be creative, multitask, empathetic, and willing to learn. This includes the development of plans, completion of assessments and daily documentation. Must have knowledge of counseling techniques, behavior modification strategies, medical and psychological aspects of disabilities, able to use the English language, and communicate clearly. Must be able to manage time effectively, to work alone and as a team member. Must have a Georgia State Driver’s License, insured privately owned vehicle and show proof of Georgia Vehicle Registration.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred, preferably in the area of human services. Must have worked as direct care staff and have at least one year of management experience.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30338, United States|
|Categories||Human Services, Social Work/ Services, Women/Girls, Disabilities|
|Experience Years||1 yrs|
|Certifications||Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred, preferably in the area of human services.|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|