Humane Society of Northeast Georgia | Gainesville GA 30501 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/31/2014
Reporting to the Board of Directors (Board), the Executive Director supports HSNEGA in achieving its mission and strategic goals, serving as a leader and decision maker. This position, which oversees all staff and volunteers, makes recommendations to the Board regarding daily and long-term operations; oversees and participates in the initiation of programs that advance the image of HSNEGA in the eyes of the community it serves; and actively seeks contributions to ensure adequate funds are available for the operation of HSNEGA and its advancement and consistent growth.
- Provides strategic planning and leadership to assure HSNEGA achieves its mission and goals.
- Directs budgetary and financial control of HSNEGA, including recommending annual budget for board approval, and prudently manages resources within budget guidelines.
- Ensures the well being and humane treatment of the animals in HSNEGA’s care.
- Assures adequate maintenance of the building and site and makes recommendations for improvements and new facilities as needed.
- Acts as the director of human resources and administers personnel policies, procedures and practices.
- Represents HSNEGA in the public arena and works collaboratively with regional animal welfare and other related organizations.
- Assures the organization and its programs, operations and services are effectively managed and consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Assures responsible and effective fundraising planning and implementation including identification, cultivation and solicitation of potential funding sources. Promotes and represents HSNEGA to potental and current donors and funding organizations.
- Seeks out and maintains community contacts and represents HSNEGA to the public through various types of appearances.
- Responsible and accountable for the effects of own productivity, attendance and behavior (performance).
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure a positive public image and improve the functioning of the organization and its facilities.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Senior level executive experience in a multi-faceted animal welfare (preferred) or non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a $1 million+ operating budget.
- Demonstrated human resource leadership, management and development skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations which relate to the management of a non-profit and/or animal welfare organization as well as the issues, challenges and concerns facing the field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a non-profit board of directors and various constituency groups.
- Strategic planning experience and demonstrated fundraising and donor stewardship skills.
- Demonstrated passion for HSNEGA’s mission.
- Advocacy and community outreach experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to represent HSNEGA to a wide, varied audience.
- Ability to work with shifting priorities and in an organization which is highly visible in the community.
- Demonstrated personal credibility and ability to lead with honesty and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent work experience); advanced degree and/or certified animal welfare administrator (CAWA) designation highly desired.
- Annual salary in the range of $75-95K depending on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation/PTO days.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume (no phone calls please):
Andy Kalinauskas, Chair of Search Committee
Humane Society of Northeast Georgia
845 West Ridge Road, Gainesville, GA 30501
More information is available on the organization Website at www.HSNEGA.org. Deadline for applications is April 30, 2014.
|Location||Gainesville, GA, 30501, United States|
|Annual Salary||$75,000.00 - $95,000.00/Yearly|
|Travel Required||10% of the time|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Certifications||Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as certified animal welfare administrator (CAWA) designation or Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation highly desired|
|Contact Name||Julie Edwards|
|How to apply||Employer provided a link where your application will be accepted. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|