FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR/NAMED & ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM – SAN FRANCISCO CAMPUS
FULL-TIME (37.5 Hours/Week), EXEMPT
JOB # 2137
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, fine arts, visual and critical studies and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
Performs a variety of activities to administer federal, state and institutions financial aid funds. Assists in the administration of the Named and Endowed Scholarship Program. Counsels financial aid recipients on eligibility issues, aid application process, and status issues. Packages student financial aid awards using federal, state, and institutional guidelines. Provides office support in tracking the status of workflow. Position is currently located on the San Francisco campus.
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Financial Aid
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
• Provides financial aid counseling to continuing and prospective students. Counseling includes the application process, types of awards, satisfactory academic progress, eligibility, study abroad, budgeting funds, and disbursement of funds.
• Assists with the administration of the Named and Endowed Scholarship Program. Works closely with the Director and Associate Director of Financial Aid, Advancement and the Business Office to maximize awarding of named and endowed scholarships, according to scholarship and/or endowment eligibility requirements.
• Provides information, advising and counseling to financial aid recipients and applicants using knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid policies and regulations. Counsels financial aid recipients regarding satisfactory academic progress.
• Performs award packaging using federal and institutional need analysis. Reviews financial aid files performing verification of data; resolves discrepancies and items needing clarification. Submits data for reprocessing and performs any necessary documentation and follow-up.
• Works closely with the Student Accounts Office to resolve account and registration issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director and Associate Director of Financial Aid.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Computer proficiency a must, i.e. PC Windows applications: MS Excel, Word. Must demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, strong organizational skills, and the ability to articulate and disseminate complex information to multiple audiences. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills a must. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. The ability to prioritize competing projects and work under pressure a plus.
Experience in a financial aid office or a higher education setting; knowledge of Federal Title IV and state financial aid requirements; familiarity with needs analysis methodology, application, and verification process; knowledge of financial aid software and tools, including ELM Resources, CSAC Web Grants, NSLDS; experience with integrated student information systems (Datatel Colleague).
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
California College of the Arts
Human Resources (Job #2137)
Oakland, CA 94618-1487
Fax (510) 594-3681
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. NOTE: If you wish to be notified of the status of your application for this position, please provide a current email address on your resume or cover letter.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency