This job is no longer available
Manager - FosterEd: Arizona
National Center for Youth Law | Tucson AZ 85701 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/19/2012
Manager, FosterEd: Arizona
To be based in Pima County, Arizona
FosterEd is a project of the National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) focused on improving the educational outcomes of children and youth in foster care.
FosterEd works collaboratively with state and local agencies to ensure every foster child has an educational champion supporting his or her educational success.
FosterEd is working with the Arizona Administrative Office of the Courts,
Attorney General’s Office, Department of Economic Security, Department of Education, Governor’s Office, and State Board of Education to create a statewide program that will improve the educational outcomes of Arizona foster children. As part of this effort FosterEd will collaboratively implement a pilot project in Pima County that will serve as a model for a statewide program.
FosterEd seeks a manager to plan, coordinate and direct all components of the Pima County pilot project, operated in partnership with the Pima
County’s Juvenile Court, Child Protective Services regional office, school districts, service providers and other stakeholders.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop measurable project objectives and a detailed workplan
• Direct all aspects of the project
• Hire and supervise additional staff
• Create the processes, resources, partnerships, and tools necessary for successful implementation
• Ensure appropriate data are collected and used for both case management and evaluation purposes
Over time, the FosterEd Arizona manager will increasingly work with
FosterEd’s state partners to assist with statewide planning and expansion.
• Ability to manage complex projects
• Ability to manage people and budgets
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Ability to pay attention to details and manage multiple assignments
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, nonprofit startup environment
• Knowledge of the child welfare, education, and juvenile court systems
• Familiarity with the common educational challenges facing at-risk children and strategies for overcoming these challenges
• Experience working with at-risk children and youth
• Experience managing technology projects
• Experience working with with the agencies and organizations serving at-risk children and youth in Pima County
• Experience working with FosterEd’s state partners
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, 30-month position with the expectation that it will become permanent. The FosterEd: Arizona manager will have offices within one of our Pima County partner agencies and must live in Pima County or be willing to relocate. Salary is based on experience and is comparable to similar positions in Pima County, Arizona. NCYL provides health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, good vacation benefits, and an employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Position open until filled. Please mail or email a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to:
Miranda Perry, Assistant Administrator
National Center for Youth Law
405 14th Street, 15th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2701
National Center for Youth Law (www.youthlaw.org)
The National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) is a non-profit organization that for over four decades has worked to ensure low-income children have the resources, support and opportunities they need for healthy and productive lives. NCYL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, or sexual orientation. Applicants of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Location||Tucson, AZ, 85701, United States|
|Categories||Children's Services, Education, Public Policy, Social Work/ Services, Youth Services|
|Contact Name||Miranda Perry|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Manager - FosterEd: Arizona|