Levitt Pavilions seeks a motivated, highly organized and experienced individual to provide development support to this growing national nonprofit organization. The Development Associate will play an important role in implementing Levitt Pavilions’ fundraising strategies. This position is full-time and provides daily support to the Senior Director of Development.
Levitt Pavilions is a national nonprofit organization that exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We partner with cities to transform neglected outdoor spaces into welcoming destinations where the power of free, live music brings people together and invigorates community life.
There are currently six Levitt pavilions across the country, forming the only national network of outdoor venues offering free concert series. Each offers more than 50 free concerts annually featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in all music genres. Collectively, these venues present 300+ free concerts every year. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. More than half a million people experience the joy of Levitt every year.
Central to Levitt Pavilions’ mission is the creation, development and support of Levitt music venues as community gathering spaces. In collaboration with local civic and community leadership, Levitt Pavilions helps cities establish and sustain their own pavilion and Levitt program. Through a public/private partnership, resources are leveraged to transform underused or abandoned public spaces into welcoming, beautiful settings where communities come together for the joyful, shared experience of live music.
Each Levitt music venue is managed and programmed by a local Friends of Levitt Pavilion nonprofit organization. Through an innovative venture philanthropy program supported by the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, Levitt Pavilions offers each Friends of Levitt nonprofit seed funding and ongoing financial assistance. We also provide a support system to maximize the impact of the national Levitt network, including best practices, professional development opportunities, shared resources and programming, and peer-to-peer networking.
The success of each Levitt Pavilion, and the impact felt in each community, is receiving national attention. It is expected the Levitt network will grow substantially in the next ten years and these community treasures will collectively serve audiences in the millions.
Visit www.levittpavilions.org to learn more and view videos about the Levitt program.
Planning, Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship
• Assist Senior Director of Development with donor relations and implementing donor cultivation strategies, including but not limited to contacting donors to schedule meetings, preparing briefing documents and donor reports, and tracking next steps in building donor relationships.
• Work with Senior Director of Development to track, record and follow up on prospects and donors after meetings and events.
• Provide support for donor communications including phone calls, letters and emails. Research and draft responses to donor requests for information and ensure records are updated on an ongoing basis.
• Coordinate the organization’s appeals, cultivation, and stewardship mailings.
• As directed, assist in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
Database Management and Reporting
• Utilizing the organization’s Raiser’s Edge donor software, process gifts received, prepare gift acknowledgements, and maintain accurate database records.
• Develop and maintain administrative tools including prospect spreadsheets, annual solicitation and reporting calendars, and tools for tracking income and progress toward fundraising goals.
• Create queries, run reports and organize lists to support fundraising strategies.
Prospect Research and Donor Recognition
• Conduct individual, corporate, and foundation research from external and internal sources; develop donor and prospect profiles.
• Assist in providing development related news and updates for internal and external e-newsletters.
• Manage donor recognition in organizational publications, including the annual report.
Donor Cultivation Events
• Coordinate and manage donor cultivation and stewardship events, working closely with the Senior Director of Development. Assist with event logistics, including but not limited to invitations, vendor arrangements, A/V services, entertainment, registration process and day-of-event logistics. Assist with RSVPs and finalizing guest lists.
• Prepare pre-event briefing reports for internal distribution and ensure that post-event follow up is completed in a timely manner.
General Office Support
• Perform general office and administrative duties including answering phones, taking messages, and directing callers to appropriate staff.
• Serve as a Levitt ambassador at events on occasional nights and weekends, including but not limited to benefits, concerts, conferences and donor cultivation events.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• 2-3 years relevant development experience or equivalent
• Previous experience interacting with donors, at events and in an administrative support role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• High degree of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
• Experience and skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail
• Great phone presence with the ability to deliver excellent customer service to donors and prospects
• High degree of integrity handling sensitive and confidential information
• Passion for and commitment to Levitt Pavilions’ mission
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet as a research tool
• Prior experience with donor database systems, experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Valid driver’s license and current insurance required
Please e-mail or fax cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
FAX (310) 275-2593
Compensation commensurate with experience. EEO/AW employer.