This job is no longer available
Manager, Research Partnerships
Teach For America | New York NY 10018 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/15/2012
Manager, Research Partnerships
The Research Partnerships team seeks a Manager to lead operations and administration for the team, to generate knowledge products, and to manage data and organization wide statistics.
The Manager's overall responsibility is to ensure processes for managing the flow of internal data for research purposes, support the design and execution of research-related professional development for staff across the organization, and to create and manage systems for the administration and operations of the Research Partnerships team. This position reports in to the Vice President, Research Partnerships.
The Growth, Development & Partnerships team mission is to build an ever-expanding and increasingly diverse movement of leaders in the private and public sectors committed to educational excellence and opportunity for all children. The team is responsible for enabling and accelerating
Teach For America's impact by
1) building partnerships with schools, districts, supporters, government, community organizations, and other education institutions;
2) developing and executing the optimum growth and corps member placement strategy to increase the teacher corps in existing and new sites; and
3) raising financial support to enable our growth and operations.
The Community Partnerships unit is charged with building partnerships with organizations and institutions who share a commitment to equality and social justice along lines of race and class.
- Manage request for proposal and grants process for independent research projects
- Manage tracking system for all research projects with external partners
- Coordinate alumni-based review of proposals and working papers
- Develop and implement internal data standards
- Manage operations for research team members and support cross-team communications
- Support a mini-portfolio of external research projects associated with a subject matter or geographic region
- Manage quality control of knowledge products, primary documents, and other curriculum for staff learning
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date budget tracking and reporting systems, preparing check requests, bills, and driving the creation and tracking of the team budget
- Collecting and maintaining internal statistics of Teach For America's impact and presence
- Coordinate the Onboarding and orientation of new team members
- Organizing the logistics of conferences and meetings, including lodging, transportation, conference space, technology, communications, and social activities
- Assuming a proactive role in building the culture of the Research Partnerships team
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years of professional work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong critical thinking and written communication skills a must
- Basic knowledge of statistics and quantitative analysis a plus
Approach to Work
- Operates with a strong customer service ethic and is extremely organized, detail-oriented, relentless, energetic and professional
- Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and juggle several projects at once with a spirit of flexibility and sense of possibility is critical
- Experience and knowledge of Excel is required
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, PowerPoint are preferred
Application Requirements and Process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
To link directly to this job listing, please use the following address: http://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=12679
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
|Location||New York, NY, 10018, United States|
|Contact Name||Bonnie ONeill|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|