The Online Services Manager will provide the technical leadership for the design, development, and support of the Walt Disney Family Museum’s (WDFM) online services. In this role, the Online Services Manager plays an integral role in the creation of a comprehensive web and digital engagement strategy that focuses on: the quality of the visitor experience at WDFM; the features and functionality of our existing website; and the technical and operational requirements of WDFM’s web services and infrastructure. To accomplish these goals, the Online Services Manager shall design, develop, build, and manage platforms, applications and interfaces that deliver high-quality visitor experiences and support external and internal content delivery products, including: improved e-commerce and ticketing functionality, community and user management systems, collaboration and communication tools, web publishing, workflow and content management services.
• Manage and provide technical leadership and direction for projects that involve online and mobile products
• Develop and manage web applications including WDFM’s Content Management Systems
• Develop, build, and implement new web pages, interfaces, and style sheets
• Improve efficiency and usability of front- and back-end processes and applications
• Working with the Director of Marketing and Communications, establish, document, and enforce production standards
• Ensure that all WDFM’s digital products present a consistent user experience and use case across multiple browsers and platforms
• Work with appropriate stakeholders to design, develop, and support web apps and digital platforms that drive visitor engagement with WDFM content and programs inside and outside the museum.
• Develop custom modules and APIs for 3rd party systems.
• Work with appropriate stake holders to design, develop, and manage staff Intranet
• Work with appropriate stake holders to determine practical improvements for the front-end access to the Museum’s collections database
• Define requirements and specifications for new web features and projects
• Design and conduct usability tests, recruit participants, write reports, and make recommendations
• Oversee and/or perform technical tasks, including designing and building web pages; adapting and converting existing content into appropriate web formats; scanning and color-correcting images; modifying graphics; loading files to the server; and cross-platform and browser testing
• Track and manage user requests and modifications.
• Stay current with the latest web technologies, and research and recommend solutions.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college.
• 8+ years of experience in developing, building, and managing websites, with experience managing and overseeing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
• 5+ years professional experience developing for the LAMP stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
• 5+ years CMS development experience (Drupal preferred).
• Mobile or Tablet development experience desired.
• Museum, education, small company or start-up work experience desired.
Skills and Abilities:
• Expert in CMS design and development.
• Experience with defining user interfaces.
• Experience using libraries and frameworks (e.g., Varnish, Drupal, jQuery, MooTools, Ajax, etc).
• Experience implementing third-party Web eCommerce products and shopping carts (e.g., PayPal, Authorize Net, Google Store, Yahoo stores, etc).
• Experience with SSL, certificates, encryption, secure servers and other security strategies and tools
• Strong understanding of web-based and mobile application software development best-practices.
• Experience with cross platform browser support.
• Experience integrating with third-party APIs.
• Experience with online Ticketing systems helpful.
• Experience building mobile apps helpful.
• Familiarity with graphic arts and media production.
• Familiarity with digital video production standards and processes.
• Experience working with the latest social media tools and platforms.
• Experience working with web reporting and analysis.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of staff and outside vendors with diplomacy and tact.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated and able to set priorities.