Title: Chief Finance and Operations Officer Classification: Salaried Exempt Department: Administration/Fiscal/Human Resources Accountability: President and CEO / Board of Directors
Primary Function: Reporting to the President and CEO and to the Board of Directors, the Chief Finance and Operations Officer will lead the financial, human resource and operational functions of the agency. Assure the process and infrastructure will support substantial growth. Participates and leads strategic planning, evaluation and new initiatives.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in an office setting. Extensive interaction with employees, vendors, community agencies and general public. Meet monthly or more frequently with the Board of Directors. Occasional attendance at offsite fundraisers, meetings, conferences and trainings. May require evening and weekend work.
Finance • Management and oversight of the Council on Aging’s financial administration and planning, including but not limited to; budget development and implementation, cash flow management, risk assessment, short and long term forecasting and strategic planning.
• Management and communication of all financial reporting to stakeholders.
• Ensure that generally accepted accounting principals, GAAP and OMB regulations are followed and internal controls are in place.
• Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
• Primary advisor to the CEO and cultivates strong relationships with Board, management team, funders and financial institutions.
• Maintain adequate insurance coverage’s for agency activities to assure organization’s assets are protected and liability is limited.
Operation • Manage organizational dashboard tool providing feedback and data necessary for strategic decisions to be made. Monitor and refine metrics and measurements that will quantify performance against goals and institutionalize the system for obtaining and reporting those metrics and measurements.
• Lead the transition to organizational excellence in the areas of work flow efficiencies and outcome measurements.
• Ensure organizational capacity to meet ongoing technological and growth needs.
• Management and oversight of Council on Aging’s building and facility.
• Review, monitor and maintain operations-related policies, procedures, and systems.
• Oversee payroll and manage employee benefits administration
• Ensure personnel policy and procedure manuals in accordance with current state and federal laws and agency is in compliance with applicable labor laws.
• Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent; MBA preferred. • 10 years related experience in Finance, Operations and HR • Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic plans and budgets for major programs/business units. • Ability to act decisively and expeditiously to implement plans and to operate effectively in an unpredictable environment. Focused on delivering results and meeting goals. • Proven leadership and business acumen skills with an ability to coach and develop a longstanding team on getting to the next level. Sensitive to a strong organizational culture. A positive force in encouraging entrepreneurial thinking and creating dynamic work environments. • Commitment to excellence and high standards • Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations and meet deadlines. • Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills. • Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with a diversity at all organizational levels. • Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills • Ability to internalize, integrate and synthesize the big picture • Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite and Sage Fund Accounting or similar accounting software.