Since 1975, LIFE ElderCare has been a growing agency committed to serving the needs of homebound seniors and disabled adults throughout Newark, Fremont, and Union City. Our four direct service programs offer community-supported options for healthy, independent aging that is unduplicated in the Tri-City area:
1) Meals On Wheels delivers hot, nutritious meals daily;
2) Friendly Visitors provides caring companionship for those who are lonely;
3) Fall Prevention enrolls seniors in a 12-week, personalized, in-home exercise program to increase strength and balance;
4) VIP Rides enables transportation with destination assistance for medical appointments and errands.
PROGRAM OPERATIONS COORDINATOR - Providing technical support and operations capacity to the agency’s Meals-On-Wheels program, VIP Rides Program, and Friendly Visitor Program. $20/hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement for the various programs’ systems, processes and knowledge;
• Keep volunteer and client information accurately and securely in appropriate systems;
• Collect data; monitor, and analyze as directed;
• Ensure excellent information and records management;
• Work effectively with and for LIFE ElderCare colleagues, clients and stakeholders, to ensure their specific needs are identified and met;
• Undertake research as directed;
• Complete monthly reports as required by the Area Agency on Aging and Executive Director;
• Substitute for and perform basic duties of Program Coordinators during their absences.
Meals On Wheels- 20 hrs/wk - Prepare a schedule for all routes and volunteers drivers each Mon-Fri, oversee Volunteer meal pick-up in parking lot Mon-Fri mornings; email regular reminders to drivers. Perform background checks on potential volunteers, track volunteer mileage and insurance and licenses;
Track volunteer hours, active and inactive volunteers, position openings, and reason for termination; Oversee client donation process, including credit card billing;
Perform semi-annual client telephone assessments in conjunction with another staff member.
Friendly Visitor Program- 10 hrs/wk - Interview and screen, and conduct orientations for all client applicants and interview and screen all volunteer applicants. Track current insurance and licenses of all drivers, track volunteer hours, active and inactive volunteers, position openings, and reason for termination.
VIP Rides-10 hrs/wk- Lead new Volunteer orientations, track current insurance and licenses of all drivers.
• Very strong computer skills – extensive familiarity Word, Excel, Access, and other database usage;
• Strategic organizational skills;
• Capacity and aptitude for developing and running structured processes;
• Interest in and curiosity about compilation and analysis of data designed to demonstrate program efficacy;
• Clear criminal background check
• Current vehicle insurance;
• Ability to accept personal accountability for actions and decisions; to be reliable, trustworthy, and honest in all aspects of the work; and to uphold the values and principles of the agency;
• Ability to learn, understand and solve problems creatively, and make sense of a changing environment;
• Ability to demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with challenges;
• Ability to work with a diverse range of people and to build mutually beneficial relationships and networks, sometimes in complex environments.
Education/Experience: Minimum Bachelor’s level college degree required
• Must have superb written and verbal English ability
• Bi-lingual in Cantonese and/or Mandarin and/or Punjabi and/or Farsi is a plus.
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Viewing computer screen for extended periods of time
• Use of fingers/hands for keyboard
• Most work is conducted in office environment. Requires occasional driving to visit seniors and attend meetings
LIFE ElderCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LIFE ElderCare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, HIV/AIDS status, marital status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or age. LIFE desires to create a positive work environment and subscribes to the belief that having a respectful and diverse workplace enriches the organization and aids the fulfillment of its mission
Send resume and cover letter.