Women’s Funding Network (WFN) is a network of 150+ women’s foundations and funds of various sizes and capacities from around the globe with assets totaling more than $535 million. More than 80% of women’s funds’ grants are made to marginalized populations of low or no income, and are directed to programs that address social justice issues through women-led solutions. Women’s Funding Network supports and champions the work of member funds around the world who believe that a better world for women is a better world for all.
About the Position
We seek a highly motivated individual with experience and passion for community engagement across our diverse membership and donor community. This team member will serve as the customer service and relationship liaison with our 150+ member foundations specific to programs, tools, and membership stewardship. A critical component of building community engagement will be the facilitation of communication, knowledge sharing and industry news. This team member will be responsible for executing our social media strategy/outreach, blogging, micro-blogging, online webinars as well as supporting regional and national events.
The position reports to the Director of External Affairs and is part of a cross-functional department that spans development, communications and network member relations. In addition, this role works closely with WFN’s Program department to promote and execute network convenings, special forums, and webinars. With the goal of developing a truly two-way relationship with key constituencies, the Community Engagement/Membership Services Manager is responsible for helping to implement a broad range of innovative engagement tactics utilizing digital and social networking tools along with compelling story-telling and other communications skills. This role will be responsible for executing outbound email campaigns and needs to be familiar with HTML, CRM platforms and web/social media analytic tools to track performance and implement new techniques that increase engagement and fundraising.
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Member Stewardship – Recruitment, Retention, Renewal
• Manage membership lifecycle from new member identification, cultivation, retention and annual membership renewal process.
• Refine and implement ongoing membership recruitment plan.
• Contribute to network member relationship building and needs assessment via surveys, member services tracking and analysis.
• Serve as network membership liaison – conduct new member orientation, provide consultation and referrals, customer service.
• Manage membership renewal process including Raiser’s Edge constituent record maintenance, payment/dues processing, tracking, collection and reporting.
Community Engagement – Social Media, E-marketing, Website
• Maintain all social network communications – Facebook, Twitter, UTube, LinkedIn, etc.
• Monitor and manage day-to-day social network communications, creative development and implementation.
• Develop, implement and manage innovative ideas/promotions to drive engagement, grow external social media interest and communities in the WFN and women’s philanthropy arena.
• Create and implement ad hoc and standard monthly/annual reporting to measure results of social media initiatives and campaigns/promotions.
• Manage outbound communications calendar with 150+ member foundations including enewsletters, weekly news round up, and member spotlights.
• Coordinate collaboration amongst member funds staff, maintain up-to-date listservs, and provide services to help members upgrade their communications capacity.
• Create and manage online resource kits member women’s funds can use to increase visibility and advocacy around key issues.
• Post content to Women’s Funding Network’s website, including managing and implementing regular content updates relevant to network members.
Conference/Event Planning and Webinars
Serve on cross-functional team to produce WFN annual conference and other network member convenings.
Lead Network Member Services webinar team – set content schedule, collaborate with Program department on speaker procurement and support, promote webinars and provide technical execution/support.
• Undergraduate degree required, 3-5 years of experience preferred.
• Experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing and/or association management in either a corporate or non-profit environment.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including:
Strong editorial and proof-reading skills and high level of attention to detail.
Ability to quickly build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
Ability to work with and understand the needs of network members.
• Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media.
• Understands social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs.
• Technology literacy, including fluency with Microsoft Office suite and social networking tools.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment – responsive, quick and energetic.
• Ability to follow through on requests, queries and get rapid results.
• Ability to work occasionally outside of normal office hours and to travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of search engine optimization- including basic keyword research.
• Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
• Knowledge of ConstantContact or Salsa e-mail marketing platforms
• Experience using a content management system, ideally Drupal
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite 4, specifically InDesign, and Photoshop.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter, résumé, and samples of communications and campaign work to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Community Engagement & Social Media - Manager” in the email subject line. Please no phone calls or drop-ins. No relocation is offered.