Alumni Relations Assistant
UC Berkeley - Off Campus
UC Berkeley School of Law is one of the nation’s great centers for legal education, ever exploring new intellectual boundaries while tacking urgent, real-world issues. Berkeley Law is also known for its vibrant and engaged community of student s and scholars who are committed to providing leadership and making a difference on problems of local, national, and global import.
The Alumni Relations Assistant, working with the Director of Alumni Relations, Development Events Manager and other personnel, will provide support in a variety of administrative, clerical, and technical areas. The Alumni Relations Assistant is a multi-tasker with skills in posting and maintaining web and social media sites, detailed record-keeping and database entries, assisting with event production, and a positive attitude of inclusion, teamwork and superior customer service.
30% - *Provide assistance for activities such as website design, content, updates and maintenance; informational blurbs; mass emailing; social media postings.
30% - *Event logistics, working with caterers, photographers, venues and others; assisting Alumni Chapters; coding and data entry; running data sorts and standard reports; managing volunteers
30% - *Assistance with production of print collateral such as notices, invitations, thank-yous, brochures, classnotes, posters and publicity; prepare reports, statistical analyses and presentations such as in PowerPoint
10% - *Administrative tasks such as monitoring phone lines, responding to needs or referring alumni questions as appropriate, admitting to AlumNetwork and other social media groups, providing researched suggestions for venues, hosts, panelists and other volunteers; respond alumni needs and questions as appropriate provide back-up for department colleagues as needed.
*essential job functions
- Experience providing clerical support in a similar environment
- Some knowledge of and comfort with fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts and best practices
- Written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to maintain efficient and effective working relationships inside and outside the department
- Ability to multi-task, exercise good judgment, work independently as well as in collaboration, exhibit good project management skills, and ability to staff events on some weekends and evenings
- Strong computer skills and comfort level with databases, research, social media, spreadsheets and presentations
- Knowledge of UC Berkeley vision, mission, goals, regulations and policies
- Commitment to professionalism, flexibility, appropriate management of volunteers and resources, completion of objectives and goals
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
Salary: Hiring salary range: $36,732 - $39,924. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
First Review Date: November 20, 2012
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying through jobs.berkeley.edu click on ‘Job Listings’ followed by ‘External Applicants’, and then search for job number 14867.
Additional Information: This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
The University of California, Berkeley is one of the world's leading universities in research, teaching, and public service. The campus employs 2,028 faculty and over 14,000 staff in more than 130 academic departments and interdepartmental groups, libraries, museums and more than 65 interdisciplinary research units contribute to this dynamic and vital research and teaching environment.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a diverse working environment, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency