Development Events Manager
UC Berkeley - Off Campus
UC Berkeley School of Law is one of the nation’s great centers for legal education, ever exploring new intellectual boundaries while tacking urgent, real-world issues. Berkeley Law is also known for its vibrant and engaged community of student s and scholars who are committed to providing leadership and making a difference on problems of local, national, and global import.
The Development Events Manager, working with the Director of Alumni Relations and other department and school personnel, will plan, implement, manage, and analyze a systematic, comprehensive and coordinated suite of events to engage and steward donors and connect future donors, friends and alumni to Berkeley Law. The Development Events Manager is a multi-tasker with strong project organizational skills, good working knowledge of donor relations, competence posting on online communities, excellent attention to detail, an attitude of inclusion and teamwork, and a drive for success.
50% - *Event management such as planning assistance; logistics and operations; coding and tracking in the database; managing suppliers and vendors; analyzing and reporting of programs supporting outreach, networking and engagement of alumni, friends, students and faculty at Boalt.
25% - *Communications writing and editing such as social media; invitations and reminders; informational collateral; dean’s and other messages; webpage updates such as calendaring, recruitment efforts, publicity, donor honor rolls and other content.
15% - *Administration tasks such as calendaring, running database lists and reports, back-up for other support areas in the department, providing database research and updates, broadcasting fundraising messages, acting as liaison to internal and external peer groups, assisting department development colleagues as needed.
10% - *Volunteer management such as recruiting and supporting event hosts, panelists and speakers, responding to volunteers’ concerns and comments as appropriate, staffing plans for events, assisting Admissions, Financial Aid and Career offices’ events.
*essential job functions
- Working knowledge of and comfort with fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts and best practices
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to work efficiently and effectively with vendors and others inside and outside the department
- Organizational, attention to detail and volunteer management skills
- Good ability to multi-task, prioritize, exercise good judgment, exhibit good project management skills; ability to staff events on some weekends and evenings
- Strong computer skills and comfort level with databases, research, social media, spreadsheets and presentations
- Working knowledge of UC Berkeley vision, mission, goals, regulations and policies
- Commitment to professionalism, inclusion, flexibility, and appropriate management of time and resources, completion of objectives and goals
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
Salary: Hiring salary range: $41,448 - $45,372. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
First Review Date: November 20, 2012. This requisition will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying through jobs.berkeley.edu click on ‘Job Listings’ followed by ‘External Applicants’, and then search for job number 14868.
Additional Information: This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
The University of California, Berkeley is one of the world's leading universities in research, teaching, and public service. The campus employs 2,028 faculty and over 14,000 staff in more than 130 academic departments and interdepartmental groups, libraries, museums and more than 65 interdisciplinary research units contribute to this dynamic and vital research and teaching environment.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a diverse working environment, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency