This job is no longer available
School-Based Health Program Coordinator II
Asian Pacific Health Care Venture, Inc. | Los Angeles CA 90027 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/20/2012
School-Based Health Program Coordinator II
STATUS: Exempt: Full time
REPORTS TO: Director of Services
SUPERVISES: John Marshall HS Health Center Clinical Support Staff and Outreach Staff
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Billing Manager, Associate Director of Services, Director of Services, Clinic Support Services Manager, Medical Records Coordinator, Patient and Community Services Unit Coordinator
The School-Based Health Program Coordinator will oversee all clinical operations for the John Marshall High School Health Center.
APHCV expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situation per emergency policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Clinical Operations (Day to Day) Responsibilities:
1. Oversee clinical operations, medical records operations and ensure HIPAA compliance school-based clinic hours.
2. Serve as a back-up to perform front desk and back office duties at clinic, including patient intake, financial screening, scheduling, and exiting.
3. Conduct basic family planning education and enhanced TeenSMART counseling as needed.
4. Enforce staff compliance to clinical services policies and procedures.
5. Ensure implementation and maintenance of youth-friendly environment and quality customer service practices.
6. Monitor clinic flow to achieve optimal clinic efficiency.
7. Provide training and orientation to new Providers and support staff about School-based health center operations and policies.
8. Maintain regular communication and coordinate health care services with Marshall school nurse and health office staff.
9. Monitor day-to-day appointment schedule and adjust to meet expected productivity.
10. Conduct briefings with clinic staff to go over schedule, new policies, counseling, flow, etc.
11. Ensure collection of patient insurance information, parent’s consent for care to improve overall 3rd party reimbursement ability at SBHC.
12. Ensure the cleanliness and functionality of the building by coordinating with APHCV Facilities Coordinator and JMHS Plant Manager.
Clinic Administrator Responsibilities:
1. Work with Medical Director and his/her designee and Director of Services in developing and maintaining updated Policies and Procedures specific to SBHC.
2. Work with Medical Director and his/her designee to address quality of case issues and to monitor quality improvement activities.
3. Train and update staff on policies and procedures
4. Oversee youth patient chart audit and billing preparation.
5. Develop action plan for various operational issues that includes but not limited to no-show, appointment access, patient wait time, productivity, patient revenue and implement such plan.
6. Maintain communication with Clinic Support Services Manager and Medical Records Coordinator to ensure consistency in changes of clinic protocols and in coordinating provider schedules.
7. Work with Billing Manager to collect and report accurate data for SBHC services.
8. Work with Clinical Support and Outreach Staff person to develop effective clinical outreach plans and tracking clients linked to outreach activities. Participate in monthly staff meetings, Quality Improvement, Policy & Procedure and clinic leadership meetings or other trainings and meetings as assigned by Supervisor.
9. Run, analyze and report various data as required by Supervisor.
10. Provide support and complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Services.
1. Provide guidance and leadership to SBHC staff (support staff, MA, providers) to promote teamwork and maintain a positive work environment.
2. Notify and work with respective department leaders when there is performance issue being observed with SBHC staff
3. Directly supervise and evaluate the performance of Clinic Support Staff and Outreach Staff
SBHC specific responsiblities:
1. Serve as a representative for APHCV at external SBHC meetings and provide policy and advocacy recommendation to Management as needed.
2. Oversee John Marshall High School Health Center Student Advisory Board and provide support and training for members.
3. Establish relationships and maintain on-going communication with Marshall administration, school nurse, counselors, and other faculty.
a. Coordinate quarterly coordination meetings with Marshall administrators, school nurse, and IMPACT staff.
4. Provide various front office and medical record operation assistance at other clinic sites during the closure of SBHC.
• Bachelor’s degree in community health, health sciences, human service field, or relevant work experience in clinic front office management
• Supervision experience and experience working with multiple collaborative partners.
• Ability to work with little supervision, identify and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge and familiarity with reproductive health and clinical settings.
• Experience in working with youth and adolescent health.
• Demonstrated knowledge of clinic operations and ability to apply customer service principles in clinical setting.
• Knowledge and experience in carrying out evaluation activities.
• Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks using effective time management.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong facilitation skills, experience leading presentations or workshops
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge and skill in Adobe Photoshop and SPSS data analysis a plus.
HR PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
• Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form
• Completion of DOJ background check
Must be able to materially perform the task normally associate with the position including but not limited to: ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Click on the "Apply Now" button below to apply for this position.
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90027, United States|
|Categories||Human Services, Medical Services/Health Care|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|