This job is no longer available
Asian Pacific Health Care Venture, Inc. | Los Angeles CA 90027 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/20/2012
Asian Pacific Health Care Venture(APHCV) is a Community Health Center (CHC) which provides vital health care services to people in need. APHCV has five service and administrative locations and 160 employees (users of APHCV information systems).
This position works directly under the direction of the APHCV IT/IM Manager in technical supports and execution of department/organizational projects, plans and strategic directions. SA will also supervise 3 other IT/IM HELP DESK staff.
This position requires an individual with high technical and hands on skills who is a highly motivated problem solver with above average customer service skills.
The SA is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. He/she ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, business applications, security system, networks and related procedures adhere to department and organizational strategic directions and values, and policies and procedures.
The SA assists project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
A. System Administration
1. USER SUPPORT: By far, the most important function is the ongoing support of the users. Such support must be provided in highly effective and efficient manner. IT/IM Department will share user support activities across its 5 main locations and will take an integral part at delivering this central service on a day-to-day business.
2. MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE: Implement, manage and maintain Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 AD, DFS, WSUS, and Remote Desktop Services
3. NETWORK: Implement, manage, maintain and support network infrastructure including CISCO WLAN infrastructure, LAN, switching, routing, VPN, Metro-Ethernet, and MPLS network
4. SECURITY: Implement, manage, and maintain security systems including Firewall, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Web Security, End-point security, Network Access Control, Email security, and security of PHI, user-managed information, and corporate information.
5. SERVER VIRTIUALIZATION: Implement, manage, and maintain VMWare virtual server architecture
6. VIRTUAL DESKTOP INFRASTRUCTURE: Implement, manage, and maintain VMWare View and Wyse thin clients
7. STORAGE AREA NETWORK: Manage and maintain EMC CX4, EMC VNX, and EMC Recover Point
8. DATA CENTER AND SERVERS: Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
9. PHONE SYTEMS / EFAX / VIDEO CONFERENCE: Manage and maintain Avaya IP Office, Call Center, call routings, patient appointment reminder system, fax server, and Polycom Video Conference systems
10. DESKTOP MANAGEMENT: Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot all desktop/laptop and thin clients machines used throughout the organization.
11. EMAIL / COLLABORATION TOOLS: Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot all Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 and Sharepoint-based collaborative tools.
12. CLINICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Implement, manage maintain CarePoint pharmacy system, i2iTracks Disease Management System, NextGen EPM/EHR System and all related systems
13. ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE(EDI): Implement, manage and maintain HL7 interface engine, data interfaces between patient information systems
14. BUSINESS APPLICATION: Implement, manage and maintain various application systems such as accounting system(Microsoft Navigator), fundraising application(RaiserEdge), document management system(LaserFiche), etc.
15. DATA and DATABASE MANAGEMENT: Manage and support MS SQL servers and reporting tools such as Crystal Report and 1data mining tool.
16. DISASTER RECOVERY: Automate and secure backup of critical business and client information utilizing DR/CoLocation infrastructure. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
17. PRINTING / SCANNING / HARDWARE FAXING: Deploy and test equipment and assess workload distribution, cost and uptime, and user service optimization. Deploy document management, paperless technologies, and workflows where applicable.
18. ALL EQUIPMENT: Evaluate vendor selection based on business requirements, technical capacities, and usage economics. Receive, inspect, install, configure, and test all equipment and software.
19. DOCUMENTATION: Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedures and documentations, and training materials.
20. REPORTING: Extract data from various sources for both internal uses by the Management and fulfilling report requirements by funders and partners.
B. Supervision and other administrative duties
1. Supervise three Help Desk staff, evaluate their performance and train them accordingly.
2. Assist the ITIM Manager with budget and planning.
3. Any other duties assigned by ITIM Manger.
C. EDUCATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
2. Three to five years of experience in system administration with similar capacity
3. Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer certification
4. Meet the following working conditions.
• Occasional work in evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
• Access to insured automobile and possess a driving record/license in good standing so as to drive to service locations.
• Occasional work in various office locations of APHCV.
HR PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
• Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form
• Completion of DOJ background check
Must be able to materially perform the task normally associated with the position including but not limited to: ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
To apply for the position please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90027, United States|
|Categories||Medical Services/Health Care|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||System Administrator|