The National Brain Tumor Society is a leading non-profit fiercely committed to finding a cure for brain tumors. We aggressively drive strategic research, advocate for public policies that meet the critical needs of the brain tumor community, and provide helpful online patient information and resources.
We are currently seeking an energetic and creative team player to support and coordinate its constituent-driven event program, with an emphasis on customer service and fundraising and event planning support. S/he will develop a strategic plan for developing third-party event programs, sponsorship support, and strategic account development, as directed and required.
This is a unique opportunity to join a successful fundraising program, work with volunteer organizers nationwide and to make a difference. The Assistant Director of Community Events will work closely with the Regional Director of Development-Northeast and the Development team. This position will be based out of the Watertown, MA office.
Primary duties & responsibilities include:
• Provide strong customer service, support and technical assistance to National Brain Tumor Society’s constituents for the planning and implementation of community fundraising events.
• Provide guidance and materials to improve fundraising outcomes, community organizing, marketing, and awareness.
• Develop and implement strategy that will continue to increase visibility of the Community Events program and its accessibility to National Brain Tumor Society’s constituents.
• Provide post-event communication with event organizers, including revenue and acknowledgment, satisfaction surveys.
• Work with the Regional Director of Development-Northeast to identify opportunities for greater donor prospecting activities among the community event organizers and participants.
• Coordinate internal activities related to the effective execution of community events, including data and record-keeping, development of print and web-based resource guides and materials for event organizers, support of National Brain Tumor Society’s branding and messaging, and donor cultivation.
• Works strategically with third party donors to increase revenue for community event accounts, enhance event logistics, and appropriately steward guests/donors and sponsors. Accounts managed include Team Billy, select hybrid internal events, etc.
• Actively pursues new opportunities to engage current and potential donors in constituents for the planning and implementation of community events.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Five plus years in special event planning and/or fundraising
• Proven ability to educate, motivate, and support volunteers and individuals to accomplish successful events and fundraising goals
• Exceptional customer service experience providing support to volunteer fundraisers
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects efficiently and effectively in fast-paced work environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Computer and Internet literacy, and Microsoft Office programs
• Experience with donor database software programs and online fundraising platforms, especially Convio LUMINATE event platform, and Salesforce.com
• Experience with Email Express or other email systems desirable.
• Independent self-starter as well as team player
• Enjoys working with a wide variety of people including donors, volunteers, vendors, Board members and staff
• Ability and willingness to travel 20% of the time
If you are interested in joining our organization, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Local candidates only, please. No agencies, please.