Program Specialist, Community-Based Match Support
Big Brothers Big Sisters SEPA | Philadelphia PA 19109 USA | Full Time | Posted: 07/22/2014
Position: Community Based Match Support Specialist
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT
ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA (BBBS SEPA) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and
fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBS SEPA seeks a Community Based Match Support Specialist. The position requires some evening/weekend work which will be described in the interview process. The position supports "Big" and "Little" matches, primarily via phone contact, and occasionally through attendance at agency events.
- Through recurring telephone and electronic contact, determine that elements of child safety, positive relationship and youth development indicators, and signs of a sense of affiliation with the Agency are present within the child/mentor match.
- Ensure that potential problems and barriers to success are identified and addressed. Promptly inform supervisor regarding concerns about any factors that may negatively impact the match.
- Effectively utilize on-line database system for recording and reviewing all child/mentor match details.
- Provide friendly, approachable customer service and represent the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
- Facilitate initial in-person meeting between Bigs, Littles and parent/guardians in client’s homes. Review ground rules and expectations in order to lay the foundation for a successful relationship.
Minimum – College degree, with 2+ year’s prior experience preferred.
Professional: Knowledge of and/or experience in human services field a plus. Must have a valid driver's license and consistent access to a car. Preferred skills: Spanish-Speaking, previous experience with youth service organizations and with socio-economically diverse populations.
Personal Attributes: Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication and customer service skills; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbssepa.gatherdocs.com/ Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBS SEPA promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS SEPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
|Location||Philadelphia, PA, 19109, United States|
|Annual Salary||32,000.00 - 34,000.00/Yearly|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|