The Senior Development Specialist provides high level fundraising leadership, support and training to chapters to help position them for enhanced revenue generation and strategic growth. As a member of the Chapter Support team, this position provides support and guidance to all chapters on fundraising practices and performance standards, with a focus on evaluating and building fundraising and operational capacity for chapters. The position is responsible for building and maintaining a body of resources and guidance on fundraising best practices for dissemination to chapters, and draws upon peer chapters and national resources to help chapters develop and optimize their fundraising programs. This individual also serves as part of a crisis intervention team that leads and manages chapters during critical situations. This position supports the standardization and implementations of Raiser's Edge, and works with chapter leadership to effect the changes required to elevate their overall fundraising program. The individual will also coordinate with the compliance team on fundraising-related issues.
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or a comparable combination of relevant education and experience
• A minimum of five years progressive experience in development including management experience. A well-rounded background in development that includes experience with major gifts, annual fund, grants, corporate sponsorship and special events is required.
• Management experience; demonstrated leadership with volunteers, administrators, and development staff
• Experience with Raiser's Edge required
• Demonstrated ability to work with and train individuals with diverse skill sets
• Ability to understand and communicate the fundraising process to chapter executives who need to increase the level of development and fundraising sophistication in their respective chapters
• Creativity in helping develop new programs and methods
• Discretion with confidential materials required.
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment required
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as resourcefulness
• 35% domestic travel is required