The Talent Acquisition Manager is an important member of the HR/Talent Team supporting the National Office and Regional full life cycle of recruitment efforts. This person will report to the Director of Talent in our Oakland, CA National Office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and mission-driven professional who is passionate about recruiting talent while also improving processes with data and metric-driven decision-making.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will be the lead for the Talent Acquisition function at Reading Partners. Talent Acquisition is responsible for: sourcing, recruiting, facilitating the interview process and serving our key internal customers, our hiring managers. The Manager will own full life-cycle recruitment responsibilities for various levels and functions of staff across the organization and will provide support to the data collection, analysis and organization of Talent Acquisition data across all of the recruiting efforts. He/she will be adept at analyzing data and recruiting metrics and making recommendations for process improvements while simultaneously partnering with hiring managers to run recruitment processes with both speed and integrity. While this role currently does not supervise any staff, there is a pathway to building a team and direct supervision of recruiting staff.
The Manager will be responsible for the management of the applicant tracking system and will also be the primary contact for ensuring a smooth transition from the recruiting to the onboarding process by working with hiring managers and candidates to prepare for orientations to Reading Partners and their new roles.
Recruit staff and engage internally with hiring managers:
· Own full life-cycle recruitment of multiple open positions (up to 4-8 positions at one time)
· Partner directly with hiring managers to ensure a smooth process, manage pipeline and make hiring decision
· Create and deliver training to Hiring Managers in interview practices, methodology and talent assessment.
· Collaborate with HR/Talent Team directors to develop templates for onboarding and continually offer refinements and enhancements to onboarding processes
· Assist Director of Talent in promoting processes and protocols to organization for hiring and onboarding staff
· Create process for managing passive pipeline of interested candidates that can be directed to applicable open roles as they come open
· Refine and lead intern recruitment process for Reading Partners summer interns (tentative)
Provide general support and process improvement for all recruitment efforts:
· Partner with Director of Talent on improving overall Employer Branding, social media impact and solicitation of passive candidates.
· Screen resumes, schedule candidates and coordinate interview day details
· Schedule interviews including candidate communication and logistics planning
· Assist hiring manager with interview competency assignment and facilitation of debriefs
· Serve as primary contact for general candidates and warm leads
· Manage recruiting advertising budget to maximize exposure by conducting annual reviews of current vendors, processes and return on investment.
· Collect and file interview evaluations electronically and in hard copy
· Update forms and documents in Recruiting Toolkit as needed; ensure communication of toolkit changes to staff (tentative)
· Attend recruiting events as needed
· Update and disseminate marketing materials for open positions
Manage applicant-tracking system:
· Serve as primary point of contact for applicant tracking system vendor, including managing system upgrades and continuously improving and aligning functionality
· Conduct ATS end-user trainings for hiring managers across the organization
· Use ATS to post all open Reading Partners’ positions
· Generate applicant tracking reports to supplement weekly and quarterly recruitment reports
· BA degree required
· 4-6 years of work experience with at least 2 years of recruiting experience preferred in an educational or nonprofit environment
· Superior communication skills – written and verbal
· Superior stakeholder management skills
· Must be highly-organized and detailed-oriented
· Adept at handling data and analyzing data to suggest process improvements
· Must work efficiently and quickly to meet deadlines despite interruptions
· Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Flexibility and ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
· Must be highly adept at handling a large volume and broad variety of written communication, including large volumes of daily e-mails from teammates and applicants
· Must be a team player
· Demonstrates initiative and follow-through
· Willingness and ability to travel to various recruiting events
· Data entry and file maintenance experience preferred
· Ability to model Reading Partners’ values at all times
Occasional trips to offices or recruiting fairs in other states may be required, including overnight stays. Out of state travel is estimated at 10% on average.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching; eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Also requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
This is a full time, exempt, salaried position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, and sick time. Salary will be commensurate with experience and will reflect this position as a key priority for Reading Partners.
APPLY AT OUR TALENT WEBSITE (http://bit.ly/Uml8MQ)
If you feel you are a strong fit for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter clearly stating why you would be successful in this position. Please include salary history for the past three roles. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every inquiry. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Reading Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace.