The East Oakland Youth Development Center (EOYDC) celebrates 35 years of ground breaking programming and successful alumni. Nationally recognized and effectively responding to building healthy community outcomes, EOYDC is poised to lead in bold new ways. Following completion of a strategic review, EOYDC launched a 7 million dollar campaign to renovate its building and expand its campus. The 1.4 million dollar annual budget supports a 15 person staff of visionary leaders who empower participants to lead exemplary lives and positively contribute to society. We want to add a person of strong character, excellent work experience, compassion and hard/smart work ethic to our
VP OF PROGRAMS & OPERATIONS
Position Reports To: President & CEO
East Oakland Youth Development Center (EOYDC) has an immediate opening for a high performing Operations Manager to oversee the effective management and delivery of youth and adult programs provided by the growing community center. Position will manage several direct reports and maintain responsibility for over 20 center personnel.
Provide strategic leadership for planned growth, and tactically manage and direct ongoing center operations to help ensure the effective delivery of programs in accordance with safety, quality objectives and cost standards.
• Oversees all aspects of program operations.
• Provides, communicates and implements the vision, goals, objectives, and deliverables for program activities
• Identifies goals of each program to ensure that best practices, processes and procedures are defined, documented, and implemented.
• Assesses personnel needs to meet current operations and future plans for growth, quality, delivery, and cost management. Interviews, hires, directs, coaches, and mentors the staff to meet the goals of the Center and ensure staff succession.
• Manages program budgets to ensure cost containment and effective use of funds.
• Develops work schedules for staff, as appropriate.
• Evaluates programs’ effectiveness and impacts with executive management for the development and enhancement of programming, processes, etc. to meet the Center’s current and future specifications.
• Interacts with the program leadership team in monitoring center program delivery, suggesting process enhancements, and new programs.
• Troubleshoots any problems
• Manages facilities to ensure property is properly maintained for safe and efficient operation and optimal worker and customer safety; reports any process/program problems to executive management
• Performs other Center duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for the position:
• Leadership within an organization and within larger community
• Team builder
• Goal focused/objective oriented
• Knowledgeable in planning and program budgeting
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for staff, customers/community and executive management.
• Attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal skills
• Flexibility with the ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Ability to work independently with a constant focus on meeting schedules
• Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office) and Excel
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Supervision skills and workforce management skills
Proven track of high quality results achieved through on-going improvement of delivery of services and cost containment
An advanced degree is preferred. He or she must have work experience in the nonprofit client-oriented sector, and have a successful track record of related experience.
Additional desirable experience:
- Community outreach
- Youth focused work
Ideal candidates for this position will have three or more years’ experience at a senior level at a nonprofit organization, as well as experience in coalition-building or capacity-building. Organization skills and creativity are a high priority.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, 80K+. Compensation includes a benefits package. To apply, send Resume, Cover Letter and Salary history to the attention of the President & CEO EOYDC @ 8200 International Boulevard, Oakland, CA 94621 or Email
The East Oakland Youth Development Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates.