(this job has been modified from the original post)
California Human Development (CHD) exists to create paths and opportunities for those seeking greater self-sufficiency, independence and dignity through education, training, criminal justice alternatives, housing and other services. There are five divisions, and in each of those divisions there are separate programs. The divisions are Farmworker Services, Disability Services, Energy Services, Housing Services, and Treatment Services.
• Work in collaboration with Program Directors to assess CHD funding needs related to current and future programs administered or to be administered by CHD; develop strategies to meet the needs assessed.
• Advise senior management on new potential program opportunities as they develop in social service sectors we currently serve and in new sectors compatible with CHD’s mission.
• Oversee the research, analysis and development of new opportunities for funding from federal, state, local and private (foundation and corporate) funding sources.
• Oversee and direct donor relations efforts.
• Direct and execute the planning, design, development and writing of professional project grant proposals. This includes the direct supervision of the Program Development Specialist and other staff responsible for the submittal of grant proposals.
• Ensure proposals are written and are responsive to funding source guidelines and RFP’s and in accordance with CHD policies and follow up on proposals submitted.
• Present accurate reports on funding opportunities in all stages of development to internal and external staff, management and/or Board members.
• Responsible for the timely delivery of complete proposals, concept papers and other funding documents
• Oversee the solicitation, development and negotiation of partnership agreements, MOU’s, letters of support and commitment as necessary for proposal development.
• Enlist the support and assistance of CHD Program Directors and other relevant staff in areas related to program enhancement and project planning and related implementation activities; contract negotiation, modification and renewals, and relations with funding sources;
• Represent CHD at committee meetings, public hearings and bidders’ conferences, and make pr sentations related to funding development, negotiation and appeal.
• Ensure generation and maintenance of necessary records and reports related to proposals and contracts written and completed.
• Participate actively as a member of CHD’s Senior Management team