This job is no longer available
US Program Director
Building Bridges, formerly Seeking Common Ground | Denver CO 80250 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/27/2012
US Program Director
Building Bridges, formerly known as Seeking Common Ground, is pleased to announce an opening for US Program Director. The person in this position will work with a collaborative, dynamic, international team to develop and implement life-changing programs that address the root causes of hate, discrimination and violent conflict.
Building Bridges’ programs introduce young people face to face to those they have been taught to fear and mistrust. We provide a safe space in which participants can build relationships, learn communication skills that enable them to gain a deep understanding of each others’ perspectives, and acquire leadership skills so they can teach others what they have learned.
The US Program Director reports to the Deputy Executive Director. Responsibilities include:
• Designing, developing and implementing all aspects of US programs, including programs serving only US participants as well as the US component of international programs.
• Designing, developing and implementing US school-based and independent programs in partnership with schools and community groups.
• Leading Building Bridges’ active internship program, including recruiting, training and supervising graduate student interns and alumni interns from the Middle East.
• Working in partnership with the Middle East Program Director to lead the alumni network and related alumni programming.
The ideal candidate demonstrates resourcefulness, creativity, professionalism, initiative and vision. She or he is enthusiastic and invested in inspiring Building Bridges’ participants and community to become agents of change. The Director must possess the ability to create and sustain positive and constructive working relationships with all staff, participants, interns, volunteers, donors, and visitors.
Building Bridges is a learning organization that fosters a safe and inclusive working environment that espouses open inquiry, cooperative learning, and personal and professional growth. All staff work in partnership on general operational activities such as communications, development, evaluation, strategic planning, and other administrative duties as needed.
• MSW or MA in the field of social work, human services, political/international affairs, peace and conflict studies or other related fields, or equivalent experience
• Strong facilitation and group development skills
• Prior experience in intergroup, multi-cultural, or international settings
• Prior experience working with teens and young adults
• Extensive experience supervising and training other staff members
• Ability to work independently, in partnership with others, and with diverse populations/cultures.
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Experience working with Denver’s diverse communities
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, including healthcare benefits. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Jennifer Sarché at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Strong candidates encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews begin in early December.
|Location||Denver, CO, 80250, United States|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Contact Name||Jennifer Sarche|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||US Program Director|