The Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley seeks a motivated individual to provide office support and serve as a reliable point person for this growing church.
Located in the Berkeley hills and serving a vibrant community, The Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley (UUCB) is an inclusive religious and spiritual home to hundreds of households. We support each individual's search for meaning and purpose, and join together to help create a world filled with compassion and justice.
We seek a part-time administrative assistant. Responsibilities involve a variety of office functions, including but not limited to:
• ensuring smooth office operations
• responding to inquiries by phone, email, and in person
• updating the membership database and producing accurate mailing lists and reports
• word processing, including generation of correspondence and handling routine mailings
• setting up and maintain rental files
• returning rental inquiry phone calls
• maintaining office supplies and equipment
This person may also help with other tasks depending on skills, experience, and interest. These could include preparing written materials, providing support to the Business Administrator and other staff, and more.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate is a capable, self-starter with a pleasant personality and has:
• a spirit of customer service
• a track record of working cooperatively with program staff, support staff, members, volunteers and board members
• strong attention to detail
• a solid ability to use MS Office, email, web browser, and other standard office software
• the ability to manage time and complete multiple activities and projects within given time frames
• experience in using office equipment including telephone systems, copiers, scanners, printers, fax, and postage machines, personal/business computers, WAN/LAN familiarity.
• excellent organizational, record-keeping, and independent job-structuring skills
• the ability to manage and organize routine office duties
• the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employee, member, and other information
• excellent written and oral communication skills suitable for publication and/or presentation to internal and external audiences, proofreading and editing
• the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
• a minimum typing speed of 50wpm.