Finance Associate – Finance Department
TNTP seeks a full-time Finance Associate for the Finance Department. This position is available immediately and will be based in our central office in Brooklyn, New York. TNTP will provide a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving, if applicable.
Talent & Operations Group and Finance Department
The Talent & Operations Group keeps TNTP's systems running smoothly and develops the organization’s top asset: our talented staff, currently more than 350 individuals in 30 states nationwide.
The Finance Department advances the fiscal strategy for our growing and financially-thriving organization. TNTP’s Finance experts come from a wide range of backgrounds – including recent graduates – and share a passion for detail, new strategies and outstanding service.
Role and Responsibilities
The Finance Associate is responsible for providing high-quality customer service to TNTP staff and maintaining Finance records. The Finance Associate works most closely with the Financial Reporting and Operations team, though may support staff and complete projects across the Finance Department. The role offers strong candidates the opportunity to grow their skills within a central team at TNTP and develop toward their long-term professional goals within the organization.
Specifically, the Finance Associate’s responsibilities could include:
• Enter invoices and obtain approvals
• Cut checks and prepare the necessary approval documentation
• Monitor un-cashed vendor checks and coordinate monthly notifications
• File accounts payable documentation
• Assist with annual 1099 processing
• Respond to email inquiries regarding accounts payable
• Deposit and track client and funder payments
• Assist with quarterly and monthly reporting
• Update tuition tracking templates monthly
• Assist with monthly expense report processing as needed
• Post basic recurring journal entries and prepare monthly account reconciliations
• Work with the Finance Management Team on other projects across the department as necessary
We seek candidates who are deeply interested in working for a mission-driven organization, are obsessed with getting the details right and who care immensely about customer satisfaction. To achieve this, the successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
• A commitment to producing high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Dedication to providing valuable customer service for staff
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Strong time management skills, and the ability to work independently and efficiently while managing multiple responsibilities
• The ability to assess challenges and identify relevant solutions
• Flexibility and the ability to succeed in sometimes ambiguous situations
• Strong computer skills, including with Microsoft Excel
The annual salary for this position is $40,000 or commensurate with experience in a similar position, with the potential for $5,000 in overtime and a performance based bonus.
TNTP offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and valuable feedback, a comprehensive benefits plan effective on the first day of employment – including low cost medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, a 403(b) plan with matching, potential opportunities for performance based bonuses – as well as the chance to influence the direction of a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of our nation’s children. For more information on TNTP’s competitive benefits package, please visit http://tntp.org/join/our-benefits/
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online at:
We review applications on a rolling basis – so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to the Human Capital department. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. TNTP is committed to fostering and capitalizing on the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position.
TNTP strives to end the injustice of educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to the students who need them most and by advancing policies and practices that ensure effective teaching in every classroom. A national nonprofit organization founded by teachers, TNTP is driven by the knowledge that effective teachers have a greater impact on student achievement than any other school factor. In response, TNTP develops customized programs and policy interventions that enable education leaders to find, develop and keep great teachers. Since its inception in 1997, TNTP has recruited or trained approximately 49,000 teachers - mainly through its highly selective Teaching Fellows programs - benefiting an estimated 8 million students. TNTP has also released a series of acclaimed studies of the policies and practices that affect the quality of the nation's teacher workforce, including The Widget Effect (2009), Teacher Evaluation 2.0 (2010) and The Irreplaceables (2012). Today TNTP is active in more than 25 cities, including 10 of the nation's 15 largest. For more information, please visit www.tntp.org.