Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC), a national nonprofit dedicated to empowering all women affected by breast cancer to live as long as possible with the best quality of life, seeks a highly motivated individual to serve as Volunteer Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for supporting the mission, programs and services of LBBC, as well as coordinating activities that support all volunteer outreach and programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Coordinate Survivors’ Helpline including answering, assessing and triaging incoming calls; matching callers with volunteers; providing appropriate staffing and communication to volunteers; navigate resources for volunteers and Helpline callers, as needed
• Recruit, communicate with, orient and train volunteers for internal and external volunteer assignments
• Coordinate volunteer staffing for LBBC events and act as primary contact; oversee volunteer assignments at events
• Enter data, track and report on trends and usage of volunteer programs and services; enter evaluation data and make recommendations for enhancements in operations, as appropriate
• Maintain volunteer records and compile monthly volunteer program statistics
• Provide supervision, support and guidance to volunteers
• Maintain and update all volunteer resources to support volunteer programs
• Coordinate logistics associated with volunteer activities including continuing education events, trainings and annual volunteer party, as directed by Volunteer Manager
• Run travel grant program for LBBC conferences including preparing materials, review grant applications, track awards and review reimbursement requests; make recommendations for program enhancements and act as primary contact for grant recipients, vendors and other sources of support to the travel grant program.
• Review all work orders and bills for accuracy and cost effectiveness
• In collaboration with Volunteer Manager, participate in visionary planning for volunteer programs
• Perform volunteer outreach; seek new volunteer opportunities and partnerships for LBBC
• Attend and assist staff at LBBC’s educational programs, volunteer, and fundraising events as requested; represent LBBC at regional/national events, conferences and meetings, as requested
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two years experience in healthcare or nonprofit field
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven ability to motivate and coordinate individuals for small projects and large-scale events
• Superior organizational skills and ability to work in a busy, multi-tasking, and collaborative environment
• Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), experience with data base programs and proficient in data entry and reporting
• Ability to travel within the USA
• Experience with Helpline or counseling services
• Knowledge of breast cancer treatment and patient / caregiver issues
• Experience working with and leading volunteers
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume and salary requirements via email with subject line ATTN: Volunteer Coordinator to email@example.com or via fax to (610) 645-4573.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer
354 West Lancaster Avenue, Suite 224
Haverford, PA 19041
NO CALLS ACCEPTED
Breast cancer survivors, people of color and multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply.
Living Beyond Breast Cancer is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization.