Staff Development Director
Ravenswood Family Health Center | East Palo Alto CA 94303 USA | Full Time | Posted: 08/12/2015
Under the general direction of the CEO, the Staff Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a Staff and Workforce Development Program at Ravenswood Family Health Center. The Staff Development Director will collaborate with the Executive Management Team of RFHC to ensure that all employees and contractors are fully oriented to RFHC so that their work aligns with the realization of the organization’s Mission and Vision. In addition, the Staff Development Director will be responsible for organizational, team and individual employee career development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement a Healthcare Workforce Development Program at RFHC
- Be a resource to managers and providers on coaching and mentoring their supervisees
- In collaboration with managers and providers using evidence based tools and strategies
- Prepare a staff recruitment and retention policy that aligns with RFHC Mission and Vision
- Developing, revising, Workforce development policies and procedures
- Workforce development strategic plan and yearly calendar of events/activities
- Complete the development of a robust new employee/contractor orientation program for the organization and each department
- Deliver, evaluate and modify the employee/contractor orientation program based on participants feedback
- Create a skills training program for all job positions
- Create curriculum for staff skills training
- Create proficiency testing tools
- Develop standards for assessing competency for employee positions tied to career advancement
- Provide coaching and mentoring to employees of RFHC on their individual career development
- maintain staff training and development records,
- research training programs that staff can attend to achieve organizational goals,
- arrange for and/or implement onsite and offsite staff training programs,
- conduct employee satisfaction surveys
- plan the annual staff retreat
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field associated with Adult Learning
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Education, Organizational Development, or Job Training with a focus on Adult Career Ladder from non-professional to professional fields of work
- Demonstrated effective Coaching and Mentoring experience
- Experience in health care operations and delivery systems desirable
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing curriculum, interactive training environments and proficiency training for paraprofessional and professional staff.
- Familiarity with Workforce Development Initiatives
- Knowledge and experience with employee orientations, organizational development best practices, and team development.
- Knowledge of modern theories of management in the service sector, with a diverse workforce.
- Knowledge of how to promote and develop leadership abilities with managers.
|Location||East Palo Alto, CA, 94303, United States|
|Travel Required||1% of the time|
|Categories||Medical Services/Health Care|
|Function||Personnel, training, labor relations|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Pref Major||Education, Organizational Development|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|