SCHOOL SECURITY OFFICER
Foundation For Exceptional Achievers | Atlanta GA 30340 USA | Part Time | Posted: 08/06/2014
JOB TITLE: SECURITY OFFICER REPORTS TO: Administrator or designee
SUPERVISES: Individual, under the authority of the Administrator
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB: The Security Guard promotes attitudes of individual responsibility and assists the professional staff with the safety of individual and staff and the security of the facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Security Officer shall: 1. Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
2. Have three (3) years of experience as a security officer and show evidence of successful experience working with individuals.
3. Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
4. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with individual, staff, administration, parents and the community.
5. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status by completing Federal Form I-9 incompliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
7. Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities, with reasonable accommodation
8. Meet such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Administrator may find appropriate and acceptable.
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: The Security Officer shall be employed under the following terms:
1. Work year of twelve months.
2. Conditions established by Policies and Procedures established by Foundation of Exceptional Achievers
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Security Officer shall:
1. Patrol and monitor hallways, stairwells, toilet facilities, outside facilities, and other public and unsupervised places of the school to ensure the safety and well-being of individual and staff and the security of the facility.
2. Ensure a smooth traffic flow of individual through the hallways, assisting individual with arrival to and from class and to assigned locations.
3. Assist with supervision in the lunch periods and with morning arrival and afternoon dismissal of individual.
4. Remove disruptive individual from classes when needed.
5. Assist the professional staff, police, and emergency personnel in handling emergencies or disruptive situations.
6. Assist visitors with directions and secure proper identification.
7. Challenge unauthorized visitors and escort them to exits.
9. Report any discipline infractions, unauthorized visitors, and acts of vandalism to the Administrator. Notify the building administration, police, and/or appropriate emergency personnel of any emergency, potentially dangerous, or unusual situations
10.Assist the Behavior Management Technician as needed.
11. Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs.
12. Promote individual responsibility for behavior and attitude by serving as a role model and dressing and grooming professionally.
13. Display ethical and professional behavior in working with individual, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
14. Protect confidentiality of records and information about staff, and use discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job. Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
1. Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
2. Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time. 3. Speak and hear.
4. Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
5. Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
6. Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
The environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive.
1. Exposure to a variety of and adult diseases and illnesses.
2. Occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
3. Exposure to heated/air conditioned and ventilated facilities.
4. Exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical substances are used for cleaning, instruction, and/or operation of equipment.
5. Function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet but that can be noisy at times.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30340, United States|
|Annual Salary||10.00 - 11.00/Hourly|
|Travel Required||1% of the time|
|Categories||Public Safety/Disaster Preparedness and Relief|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|Pref Degree||High School|
|Contact Name||Mike Burton|
|How to apply||A resume is required to apply to this job. Applications are sent to employer via email. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|