• Assist with research, writing and organization of content for the Winter/Spring Homefront newsletter
• Assist with writing and organization of content for the Winter and Spring editions of E-News
• Assist with promotions and events for Atlanta Habitat’s 30th Anniversary
• Assist with press releases – writing and dissemination to local media
• Write Facebook posts for various departments
• Maintain clips file of printed media coverage
• Research, recommend and initiate a clips file of electronic media
• Review and update media contact list
• Research Atlanta Habitat’s presence on third-party websites and update as needed
• Assist with creation of an Atlanta Habitat LinkedIn profile page
• Attend bi-weekly communications team meetings
• Currently enrolled student in a university program with a major focus in marketing, communications or a relevant content area. Must be a junior or above.
• Available to work for 15-20 hours per week through the end of the winter/spring semester. Schedule can be flexible, but must be within our office hours of 8:30 am to 5 pm Mondays through Fridays. Preferred days are Tuesday – Thursday.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Knowledge of AP style
• No compensation is offered for this internship, but Atlanta Habitat will, to the best of its ability, complete university requirements required for the student to receive course credit.
• Internship term begins in January and runs through spring semester.
• Intern will report to the Vice President of Resource Development and work closely with the Communications Consultant and the Webmaster.
To apply for this internship - please send a resume, cover letter and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Communications Intern” in the subject line. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all internship requirements will be considered. Atlanta Habitat is located in the Grant Park neighborhood in Atlanta, and is near MARTA bus and rail lines.