The Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions seeks an experienced individual to fill the position of National Coordinator. Travel required.
• Advance the goals and principles of the labor management partnership at national, regional and local levels
• Drive implementation of the National Agreement and Employment and Security Agreement and coordinate consistent implementation across Kaiser Permanente regions
• Implement priorities identified by the Coalition and the annual work plan, and coordinate consistent implementation across Kaiser Permanente regions
• Support program-wide work teams commissioned to implement partnership program activities and coordinate technical assistance as needed
• Advocate for full participation of union members in partnership activities, give guidance to union members in advancing the partnership, and assist with the development of programs, structures, and training to support union participation
• Establish collaborative working relationships with union leaders, staff, and members, and with Kaiser Permanente managers and staff to support the partnership
• Organize and coordinate the participation of local unions in partnership activities
• Assist with the planning, monitoring, and evaluation of partnership activities
• Represent the Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions in joint labor management forums.
The national coordinator will report to the Coalition Field Director and will work closely with the Field Director in program development and in the implementation of major activities. Coordinators are based primarily in a region, but have regional, cross-regional and national/program-wide responsibilities.
The coordinator job is a senior position, requiring:
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a multi-union environment with a broad knowledge of all levels of the union community
• Skill in communication, collaboration, teamwork, and partnership
• Extensive program management experience, preferably in a health care environment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Location: Georgia Region
Application Information: Interested persons should submit a resume and a letter of application that describes their qualifications for the specific position to:
Director of HR & Administrative Operations Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Union 8484 Georgia Avenue Suite 620 Silver Spring, MD 20910 firstname.lastname@example.org [please put “National Coordinator GA” in the subject line]