POSITION DESCRIPTIONTITLE:Specialist, Communications and Marketing (The Foundation)
DATE:August 1, 2012
DIRECT SUPERVISOR:Director, Communications and Marketing (The Foundation)
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Specialist, Communications and Marketing, will work closely with the Director, Communications and Marketing and the REF staff to create, implement, and oversee all internal and external communications efforts of the REF.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitors and tracks Foundation’s media coverage, and assists the Director, Communications and Marketing with media outreach efforts.
• Provides editorial support for and manages the production of all identity print materials, e.g., the annual report, call for awards, preceptorship collateral, and acknowledgement pieces.
• Develops articles for the website and other publications that promote award recipients and their research findings, donors and their contributions, and other Foundation activities and programs as appropriate.
• Monitors the annual editorial plan to ensure message consistency and to recommend opportunities for cross-promotion.
• Works at the direction of the Director, Marketing and Communications on social media activities.
• Coordinates REF presence at ACR professional meetings.
• Gathers metrics to track the Foundation’s brand awareness, and monitors brand messaging throughout all Foundation communication vehicles/efforts.
• Executes the plan for the Foundation’s booth at the annual meeting
• Drafts copy for use in annual meeting print pieces, including for the program book, registration brochure, annual meeting website, Daily News, etc.
• Coordinates and maintains schedule for Foundation blast e-mails.
• Drafts house ads for Rheumatology Morning Wire, TR, journals, and other key communications vehicles.
• Some travel, including but not limited to ACR Annual Meeting, is required
• Any other duties as the supervisor may assign
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in non-profit (501c3) communications or marketing
• Minimum of three years experience in a communications setting, with a strong background in writing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to maintain accountability and work on multiple projects while functioning as part of a cooperative team
• Experience in non-profit setting desirable
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.