The Asia Foundation is seeking a Compliance Manager to work in its San Francisco, CA office. In coordination with San Francisco and Field Office finance and grants staff, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for planning, training and management of compliance related finance and grant activities stemming from both The Asia Foundation’s policies and procedures and its agreements with donors. Compliance activities are dictated in part by USAID, AusAid, DFID, and other donor guidelines and policies. S/he provides technical assistance to The Asia Foundation Field Office staff, and to Foundation grantees.
A minimum of eight years of finance, compliance and sub-recipient monitoring experience with an international development organization is required. Previous experience with USAID-funded programs and/or AusAid-funded programs is highly desirable as is prior work experience in Asia.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
• Ability to work effectively and closely with field office international and local staff. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong financial management, accounting, and grant compliance skills.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets and some database management). Knowledge of QuickBooks and Deltek Costpoint desirable.
• A good command of both written and spoken English.
• Training and team building experience.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from Director.
• Excellent organizational skills, problem solving/critical thinking skills, and detail orientation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of USG and USAID regulations, policies and compliance requirements related to international assistance programs. Knowledge of AusAID and DFID compliance requirements is desirable.
• Ability and willingness to travel to any of our field offices in Asia.
• Prior work experience with an international NGO is preferred.
• Experience with USAID is highly desirable.
The Asia Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. To apply please visit our website at www.asiafoundation.org/about/employment/ and select “Regular Employment.”
Please place your cover letter and resume in one document and submit it as an attachment. We will only consider applicants who apply online and provide a cover letter along with their resume. In addition, to be considered an applicant must submit their application prior to the deadline of December 11, 2012.
Must be able to legally work in the United States without sponsorship. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.