MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Join a progressive state-wide non-profit disability advocacy organization that is committed to the fight for the legal and human rights of people with disabilities. Disability Rights California has a vacancy for an organized and detail oriented Bilingual Legal Secretary I for our Los Angeles Regional Office. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your organizational and secretarial skills. We offer excellent benefits and a great work environment.
The following qualifications must be met:
1. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, including a working knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure.
2. Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
3. One year of progressively responsible legal secretarial experience; OR Two years of other specialized secretarial or word processing training or progressively responsible secretarial experience.
4. Keyboard Proficiency: 55 net words per minute.
5. Experience using Microsoft Word and/or WordPerfect, and Excel.
6. Experience performing administrative and secretarial work, with the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, to work well under pressure, and to effectively reprioritize and handle multiple tasks and fluctuating deadlines.
7. Ability to solve practical problems by applying standard and routine solutions where precedent dictates the course of action, or deferring to the supervisor for resolution.
8. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and to be flexible with changing situations.
9. Experience with setting up filing systems.
10. Effective telephone skills, including the ability to handle situations patiently and tactfully.
11. Experience working with or sensitivity to persons with disabilities.
12. Experience working with or sensitivity to persons from ethnic or language distinct communities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so by December 14, 2012. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process visit www.disabilityrightsca.org/jobs/jobs.htm