Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct the search for a new Manager of Membership and Data Services for the California Nurses Association/National Nurses United in Oakland, CA. This position is for immediate hire.
Title: Manager of Membership and Data Services
Reports To: Controller
Location: Oakland, CA
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United is the country's fastest growing labor union for registered nurses. Through their assertive stance on protecting nursing practice and patient advocacy they have gained a national reputation as a leader in the fight against the corporatization of health care.
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and highly skilled professional to join their team as their new Manager of Membership and Data Services.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Manager of Membership and Data Services is responsible for the day to day workflow of membership and data services department, facilitation of team meetings and discussions and for providing ongoing technical training and mentoring. The position will also work closely with the Collective Bargaining and Organizing Departments as well as the Legal Department.
· Lead and oversee all of the Membership and Data Services activities and department.
· Create, implement and maintain customer service systems involving membership and dues receipts; including staff trainings on communication and problem solving.
· Create, implement and maintain membership dues collection process; including review and trouble shooting of payroll and demographics data from various hospitals.
· Ensure consistency and quality control in data reporting, often times through hands on work
· Improve and upgrade the existing membership database to accommodate increasing numbers of members and improve functionality and use of database across all departments.
· Act as point of contact for members with questions regarding membership status, coordinate with the Legal Department and Collective Bargaining Department on questions regarding dues collection, Beck-Hudson objections, membership eligibility, etc.
· Report design and creation for organization-wide needs.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
· Strong familiarity with unions – particularly regarding membership and dues collection.
· 7+ years of experience with leading teams and supervising, developing, and motivating staff, preferably in the field of membership.
· Experienced with SQL databases. Familiarity with Financial Edge software a plus.
· Proven track record of multitasking while working under pressure, prioritizing and producing with deadlines
· Command of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
· Creative, professional and resourceful style with the ability to work both independently and as a team, and the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
· Demonstrated passion for the mission of National Nurses United, and strong desire to impact a growing and dynamic organization Multi-task orientation; works well under pressure; prioritizes and produces within deadlines.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This position offers a wonderful working atmosphere, a competitive starting base salary of $85-89k, and a robust and competitive benefits package including a pension, family/domestic partner medical/dental benefits, 401(k), 15 PTO days, and 13 holidays. Generous LTC and LTD plans are also available; the employee pays the cost of the premium.
HOW TO APPLY
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct this search for a new Manager of Membership and Data Services. For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Scion Executive Search via email to email@example.com.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Scion Executive Search is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Born out of the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.nonprofitexecutivesearchfirm.com.