UC Berkeley - Main Campus
The University of California, Berkeley is the preeminent public university in the country and one of the leading employers in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are seeking a Development Associate to be part of the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Research (VCRO) external relations team. The Development Associate will report to the Senior Director for Development and will work in close collaboration with fundraisers and administrators in many campus units.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research has overall managerial responsibility for Berkeley's research enterprise. It seeks to maintain a research environment that fosters creativity, collaboration and community. Its specific goals are to provide effective support for campus-wide research efforts; to advocate for research needs and resources; and to maximize the benefits of Berkeley's research to the scholarly community and the general public. In support of these goals, the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research oversees over fifty research units, six museums, and seven field stations; administers the flow of research funding to the Berkeley campus; ensures the compliance of campus research with federal, state and university regulations; and facilitates relations between University researchers and private industry for the benefit of society.
The Development Associate provides support in creating and maintaining publicity and outreach materials (web-based and in print) that highlight the breadth and depth of UC Berkeley’s research programs. The Development Associate performs a variety of high- level tasks in support of related programs and events as well as prospect and donor meetings. The Development Associate is also responsible for researching the background of possible prospects, developing additional information on targeted prospects, helping to track prospect and donor “moves” in the campus-wide development database, and helping to coordinate donor stewardship. These activities support the cultivation of donors capable of making significant gifts to UC Berkeley.
Outreach and Fundraising Event Coordination
- Schedules and/or coordinates large and small-scale outreach events;
- Plans and executes event logistics including program planning and scheduling, invitation development and distribution;
- Receives RSVPs and manages attendance lists;
- Compiles meeting packages to support donor cultivation and solicitation, including agendas, talking points, donor briefings, etc. as required;
- Gathers follow-up actions from attendees and helps to coordinate follow-up, as appropriate;
- Attends events to ensure smooth event implementation.
- Helps develop informational and marketing materials - both in print and for web publication;
- Assists with updates and maintenance of outreach and fundraising materials;
- Manages print production of invitations, brochures etc.
- Assists with the stewardship of donors to campus research centers and institutes and maintaining records of donor stewardship mailings and contacts;
- Reviews gift documentation and research missing information;
- Handles special projects/assignments involving direct interaction with alumni volunteers and donors.
Major Gift Prospect and Donor Research
- Conducts research on alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations to identify prospects;
- Helps maintain and develop a pool of potential major gift prospects through queries and reports using the campus-wide donor database;
- Compiles “short lists” of qualified prospects and conducts targeted, in depth, research on selected individuals who are on a tight solicitation track;
- Works with University Relations prospect research group and corporate and foundation research group to request more detailed research on major donors with significant giving capacity and track activities.
- Develops and maintains reports, providing basic analysis of program trends, and short and long range results;
- Runs reports from campus-wide database in support of prospect research, events planning and prospect management;
- Data entry of updates to campus-wide fundraising database, event follow up, or generated through any fundraising activity;
- Performs additional administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Strong research and analytical abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in creating, maintaining and updating outreach and publicity materials, including graphic design
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact diplomatically with diverse groups and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize, exercise initiative, perseverance and sound judgment
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, graphic design and online applications
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Available to attend occasional evening or weekend events
- Demonstrated skills in fundraising, gift and donor research (preferred).
- Familiarity with campus-wide development database (CADS) desired (preferred).
Salary: Hiring Range: $46,200 - $68,700. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
To Apply: Visit jobs.berkeley.edu click on ‘Job Listings’ followed by ‘External Applicants’, and then search for job number 14888
The University of California, Berkeley is one of the world's leading universities in research, teaching, and public service. The campus employs 2,028 faculty and over 14,000 staff in more than 130 academic departments and interdepartmental groups, libraries, museums and more than 65 interdisciplinary research units contribute to this dynamic and vital research and teaching environment.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a diverse working environment, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency