MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Join a progressive state-wide non-profit disability advocacy organization that is committed to the fight for the legal and human rights of people with disabilities. Disability Rights California has an opening for an energetic and organized bilingual Administrative Assistant I for our Los Angeles Peer/Self-Advocacy Unit. This is a part time (30 hrs/wk) opportunity with excellent benefits!
THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET:
1. Ability to speak, read and write fluently and communicate effectively in English and Spanish, including a working knowledge of correct English and Spanish grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure.
NOTE: Applicants who claim to be fluent in Spanish will be tested at time of interview.
2. Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
3. Minimum one year progressively responsible administrative or secretarial experience.
4. Keyboard Proficiency: 45 net words per minute.
5. Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. Effective telephone skills, including the ability to handle difficult calls and situations patiently and tactfully.
7. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, to work well under pressure and deadlines, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; willingness to learn and to be flexible with changing situations.
9. Experience working with or sensitivity to persons with disabilities.
10. Experience working with or sensitivity to persons from ethnic or language distinct communities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so by December 19, 2012. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process visit www.disabilityrightsca.org/jobs/jobs.htm