This job is no longer available
Techbridge | Oakland CA 94621 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/30/2012
Techbridge Grants Manager
Techbridge (www.techbridgegirls.org) is a nonprofit organization that provides innovative programs to empower girls to realize their dreams through science, technology and engineering. Building on 12 years of experience, Techbridge operates 16 after-school programs and has served over 3,500 girls to date in its local programs; offers curriculum and trainings to Girl Scout councils around the country through the Girls Go Techbridge partnership; and provides trainings and resources for families, role models, school districts and partners. The success of Techbridge has led to recent major grants to expand regionally and nationally.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the he Grants Manager will be responsible for all aspects of raising support from foundations, corporations and government sources requiring proposals, both for unrestricted and restricted revenue. The candidate should have a proven track record in producing successful grant proposals, excellent writing and communication skills, and the ability to work in an innovative, collaborative work environment.
• Research and assess foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities
• Develop case-by-case strategies based on the giving interests of each prospect
• Manage and maintain calendar of proposal and report deadlines and ensure timely submission to funders
• Write and edit grant proposals, letters of intent, grant reports, and acknowledgement letters
• Assist in the preparation of budgets for grant proposals and budget reports for funders
• Work closely with programs and finance staff to gather information needed for proposals and reports
• Ensure meeting of deadlines for grant reports, proposals, budgets and other submissions to donors; ensure compliance with terms of the grant
• Assist with the development of new project ideas
• Work with external partners to co-develop project proposals
• Maintain accurate grant files and Salesforce database records related to grants
• Assist in cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective corporate, foundation, and government donors
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful grant writing experience, preferably for informal STEM/educational programs
• Proven track record in securing foundation, corporate, and government grants
• Commitment to the mission and goals of Techbridge
• Knowledge and familiarity with grants research
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to conceptualize and describe needs in accessible and compelling ways
• Knowledge of STEM donor landscape preferred
• Familiarity with traditional foundations and corporate donors a must; experience with National Science Foundation and other federal grants a plus
• Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Impeccable integrity, judgment and discretion
• Strong personal responsibility; takes ownership for quality work
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback
• Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Familiarity with Salesforce desirable
• Bachelor’s degree required
This is a full-time position; vacation, health, 403(b) retirement plan and other benefits included. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background. Job requires a background check.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, sex, age, marital status, color, national origin, religion, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Grants Manager” in the subject.
|Location||Oakland, CA, 94621, United States|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Grants Manager|