Marketing and Communication Coordinator
San Francisco Jewish Film Festival | San Francisco CA 94103 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/04/2012
The San Francisco Jewish Film Festival (SFJFF), the world's first and largest of its kind, is a groundbreaking year-round media arts organization championing independent Jewish cinema. Our renowned summer Festival screens for three weeks in five Bay Area cities, attracting 30,000 viewers to a broad showcase of international Jewish-subject films. SFJFF also presents year-round screenings and offers an acclaimed young Jewish filmmaker’s program, online resources, and a Filmmaker Residency.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the PR and marketing of SFJFF’s programs year round.
This is a full time year round position. Work schedules require expanded hours and flexibility during peak periods and to be available for major SFJFF events including the Signature Summer Film Festival.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
SFJFF is seeking an energetic Marketing and Communications Coordinator with a passion for marketing and promoting the year-round media arts programs of the SFJFF. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for sustaining collaborations and marketing partnerships with community outreach groups inside and outside the Jewish community. S/he is responsible for activating new customer bases particularly among young adult audiences for our live and online media programs. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the print, web and social media communication for the organization. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will oversee the expansion of our online initiatives and take the lead on implementing the Key Messages and Branding Strategy for the organization.
The ideal candidate has experience in traditional and online communication, developing partnerships with educational and community organizations and is interested in the ways Jewish film can be used to educate, entertain and inspire audience. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the identification and management of SFJFF’s diverse communication strategies, conducts outreach to the educational and consumer markets, serves as the point of contact for SFJFF’s public relations firms, oversees website content maintenance, and identifies cross-market and intra-programmatic opportunities. S/he is responsible for the SFJFF E-Newsletter.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design & implement communications plan and schedule and maintain communications strategies with key constituents
• Serve as point of contact for SFJFF’s public relations firms
• Manage documentation during the signature summer festival to feed to PR firm and web site
• Maintain and coordinate communications about SFJFF’s programs and activities using methods such as list serves, direct mail, email, email newsletters, targeted lists, blogs, and social networking sites, generate new opt-in leads
• Oversee design, production and distribution of marketing collateral materials
• Management and updates of SFJFF’s web site, e-communications and social networking tools
COMMUNITIES ENGAGEMENT AND OUTREACH
• Identify strategies to engage and solicit and analyze feedback from our audiences
• Conceive, coordinate and implement promotional events focused on increasing participation and involvement of young adults, including event marketing logistics and execution of appropriate marketing strategies
• Work with Program Director and Community Outreach staff and interns to create community marketing plan for individual films and programs
• Execute media buys and list trades and solicit and implement media sponsorships, including ad trafficking, and fulfillment of sponsor benefits
• Cultivating new partnerships and managing co-presentations with community and student organizations for year-round film events
• Strategically attending community events to represent the SFJFF
NEW MEDIA INITIATIVE
• Coordinate communications strategies for new online content
• Assist in researching streaming delivery platform
• Test pilot marketing of films on new streaming media platform
Please send resume , cover letter, and a list of three references to:
• 1-2 years Communications experience
• Experience creating dialogue across multiple communications platforms
• Familiarity with Jewish communities, issues, and politics with a strong commitment to diversity and serving young adults
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
• Demonstrated project management; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines; creative under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
• Understanding of budgets and ability to maximize financial resources
• Organized, Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Fluency in Macintosh- and PC based applications including MS Office, Filemaker Pro and Adobe Suite, familiarity with HTML and basic graphic design.
• Knowledge of social media marketing including twitter and Facebook.
• Knowledge of Bay Area media landscape and media outlets
• Knowledge of streaming media distribution landscape
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Contact Name||Owen Levin|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|