Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of those who want a safer future, MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end this danger on America’s roads. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven strategies of Power of Parents™ to reduce the risk of underage drinking. And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every eight minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. Learn more at www.madd.org or by calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The MADD Denver, CO office is currently seeking candidates for the position of State Executive Director 044-12a
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead MADD Colorado to new heights in providing high quality programs and services that support our mission of stopping drunk driving, supporting victims of the violent crime, and preventing underage drinking.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and vision for a diverse state organization of 6 employees and over 50 volunteers, and with a budget accountability of over $600k dollars. Responsibilities include: staff and Statewide Advisory Council development, fiscal management, volunteer development, fundraising and the delivery of high quality program initiatives. The new Executive Director will inherit tremendous opportunities to shape the future of MADD Colorado. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly changing and dynamic national organization. The successful candidate will model our organization’s core values and will be an agent for positive change and the pursuit of excellence.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate past success in leading a staff team in improving operating performance while netting a budget surplus. Specific requirements include:
Responsible for the development, management and implementation of all initiatives necessary to deliver core MADD programs and services, provide appropriate funding to deliver the services and promote the mission of MADD throughout the assigned state. Develop and manage all State employees and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Identify, contact and develop all sources of funds necessary to continue the operation of the state. On an ongoing basis, continue to develop corporate, community and other contacts to increase funding available for delivery of services and programs. Ensure that appropriate amount of funding to run the state is available at all times; maintain a balanced budget.
2. Recruit, develop, manage and sustain, in a collaborative effort, a State Advisory Board to fulfill MADD’s mission through development of a statewide strategic plan and implementation of core services and programs, based on MADD’s volunteer management model.
3. Develop strategic capacity building plans to enable future growth of mission objectives in the state.
4. In consultation with the Marcom Department, ensure accurate MADD messaging for staff & volunteers to represent MADD to the public, media and other outside organizations. Promote the organization’s mission and initiatives through pro-active outreach to these groups to raise awareness on the part of the public and elected officials.
5. Identify areas within the state where victims are underserved; develop and implement programs to ensure services are available in those areas.
6. Partner closely with the state legislators and Public Policy Department in preparation of recommendations consistent with MADD’s activities.
7. Supervise grant administration, including but not limited to ensuring regular liaison and reporting to grant funder, achievement of annual grant performance objectives through program development and fiscal management of the grant.
8. Recruit, train, develop and provide leadership to employees and volunteers. Ensure that all programs, services and grants are being implemented and managed efficiently, effectively and professionally through establishment of goals & objectives and that employees receive, understand and are held accountable in meeting goals & objectives.
9. Ensure the State and Affiliate organizations within the state are in compliance with MADD policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to the organization’s operation, to include all grant compliance and guidelines.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Five to seven years of progressively more responsible management experience in non-profit businesses.
2. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to make presentations, good public speaking and public presence a must.
4. Ability to network and recruit support. Must be able to demonstrate an established track record in fund raising for non-profit organizations.
5. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines on projects.
6. High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
7. Ethical behavior and confidentiality are a must in this position.
8. Ability to travel, work a flexible schedule and respond to emergency situations.
How to apply:
Contact: If you meet these requirements and have a passion for leading teams of staff and volunteers, driving results and making a difference in the communities we serve, then email your resume and a cover letter outlining your key career accomplishments in your previous positions and salary requirements by December 31, 2012 to email@example.com For additional information about MADD, please visit our website at www.madd.org. Absolutely no phone calls.
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.