Yolo Hospice is currently searching for a Director of Marketing and Community Outreach to join our team of professionals. This position requires a multifaceted individual with effective team building and interpersonal/management and planning capabilities, along with exceptional presentation and communication skills. The key to Yolo Hospice’s success is represented by our well-rounded team approach to addressing the needs of patients and families. We are located in Davis, California, and have been serving patients for more than 30 years in Yolo, Solano, Sutter, Colusa, and Sacramento Counties.
The Director of Marketing and Community Outreach (DMCO) designs and implements the agency’s marketing strategies and activities. The DMCO plans, develops, implements, and evaluates information and communication strategies and reaches out to the Community to present the Yolo Hospice Brand to assure that those community members facing end of life decisions have the information they need to choose Yolo Hospice. The ultimate goal of the DMCO’s work activities is to achieve Yolo Hospice market-share consistent with the Agency’s strategic plans and established budgets.
Position Accountability and Responsibility
• Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop annual marketing plan that will result in achieving patient census goals.
• Represent the Agency in the community, making known our programs and services and
act as agency spokesperson with other organizations, communities, and media outlets.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to enhance and maintain the agency’s brand and marketing image.
• Identify and recommend development of new service opportunities and current service enhancements.
• Develop new and manage established referral source relationships to ensure satisfaction and continued referrals.
• Maintain up-to-date records including background, contact history, preferences, etc. for all referral sources to assure a superior level of customer service.
• Provide community education about end of life issues.
• Develop and implement external communication strategies for organization and ensure that all external communications result in positive relations.
• Seek and respond to inquiries for interviews and speaking engagements.
• Write, edit and arrange production of press releases, newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, for submission to various publications, and other media outlets (including television and radio) presenting Yolo Hospice in a manner consistent with its Brand.
• Plan for and manage advertising for the organization as approved by the Executive Director.
• Provide direction and support to community liaisons and other direct reports (if any).
Professional & Technical Knowledge Development
• Attend educational workshops as appropriate and job-related.
• Provide information to employees regarding marketing and public relations.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of and comfort with financial statements.
• Demonstrate and continually develop a working style that fosters teamwork.
• Participate in the evaluation of own performance by identifying strengths and weaknesses and by developing a plan to improve areas of weakness.
• Consistently meet all standards of conduct delineated in the Yolo Hospice Integrity Program: Standards of Conduct: A Guide to Compliance and Ethics.
Note: The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent of this job. The incumbent may, from time to time, be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated.
Additionally, the candidate must have the following job qualifications:
• BA/BS in Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
• Three to five (3 – 5) years of experience with a proven track record of establishing and implementing brand management strategies and initiatives.
• Ability to communicate well in English (spoken and written) required.
• Familiarity with a variety of marketing and public relations strategies and concepts, practices and procedures.
• Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
• Good analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Good computer skills are required. Experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel preferred.
• Ability to take initiative and make independent decisions relating to job tasks required.
• Must pass agency background screening requirements, have a valid California driver’s license and state-required automobile insurance.
We offer a full-benefit package consisting of medical, dental, vision, retirement, life, vacation, sick leave, and other supplemental benefit options. If you are interested in joining our team and meet the qualifications, please forward your resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
1909 Galileo Court, Suite A
Davis, CA 95618
Please – No third party or phone calls. Thank you.